need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030
RaT,
I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I think about 5k difference between the 3830 and 5030. I really want to keep my BX if I can. It is paid for, but I could obviously put a nice down payment on the Grand L with the money acquired in selling it. Either tractor combined with the BX would be an awesome combo and meet all my current needs. My dream - and I know right now it is only that - is to purchase some property that adjoins mine and run more goats & cows, also get a few horses. I realize if I ever get into haying, which is very unlikely, I would need larger ag tractors like the M series, so that is not really an issue. But I could see myself needing to move round bales and heavier duty chores over time. I realize many of the folks reading this have been through the same kinds of situations. On the one hand, I don't want to waste 5k on a dream. On the other hand, I'd be ahead to get it now rather than selling a 3830 and trading up later. RaT, I really appreciate your comments (and many others of yours I have read over time!). You are very objective in your assessment as opposed to "hey, just get the bigger tractor - you can never get too much HP".
Thanks,
Terry

RaT,
I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I think about 5k difference between the 3830 and 5030. I really want to keep my BX if I can. It is paid for, but I could obviously put a nice down payment on the Grand L with the money acquired in selling it. Either tractor combined with the BX would be an awesome combo and meet all my current needs. My dream - and I know right now it is only that - is to purchase some property that adjoins mine and run more goats & cows, also get a few horses. I realize if I ever get into haying, which is very unlikely, I would need larger ag tractors like the M series, so that is not really an issue. But I could see myself needing to move round bales and heavier duty chores over time. I realize many of the folks reading this have been through the same kinds of situations. On the one hand, I don't want to waste 5k on a dream. On the other hand, I'd be ahead to get it now rather than selling a 3830 and trading up later. RaT, I really appreciate your comments (and many others of yours I have read over time!). You are very objective in your assessment as opposed to "hey, just get the bigger tractor - you can never get too much HP".
Thanks,
Terry

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #33  
I had the GL3830 and upgraded to the GL5030. While the 3830 was one heck of a machine, everytime I max out the loader on the 5030, I think about how much sooner I would have done that on the 3830. I'd go for the 5030 even if it means holding off on an implement or two for now.

Well, as you can see from my pic and signature, I bought the 5030 - Cab model, no less :) I'm blessed to have a wife that wants me to enjoy my toys (tractor and implements, of course)! She said just get the cab and really enjoy it :) :) I always ask her if she is serious on issues like this, but only ask once! If she says yes the second time, it's probably a done deal.
I've certainly enjoyed the tractor and already see many ways it was a great choice for my current needs and future plans.
Now, if I can just hang on to the BX22 also!! One of those money trees sure would help :)
Terry

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #35  
I am really pleased with mine. Had it since July of last year. I bought a 7' hog and was really wondering if it would be able to handle it. It works great. The other day I was hauling hay. Some really large round bales, 15-1800 lbs! 5030 did great!!! Hope you enjoy yours.

/ need info from owners of 3830, 4330, 4630, or 5030 #36  
I run a L4330 and a BushHog 286 (6 ft) that weighs 962#. Works terrific on grass (almost as good as a finish mower), works OK on HEAVY grass with lots of sericea lespedeza (leaves some uncut when it's tall and woody. Annihilates saplings up to 3".