Need Information on 231 Perkins Minor Overhaul

/ Need Information on 231 Perkins Minor Overhaul #11  
It was a Max Force kit. Don't recall the exact distributor, but it was in the mid-west,maybe Iowa, Minnesota.

There is a lot of information on line about pulling the sleeves. There are kits, but I had a neighbor with a metal lath and he had some aluminum disks about the size of the piston. Those disks were about 1/2 inch thick. He milled it down so that it had a lip and when it fit within the cylinder so the lip rested on the sleeve. Same concept as the puller kits. Then, we drilled a 3/4 hole in the center, or maybe it already had that. Took a long 3/4 threaded rod, a cast iron piece of pipe about 16" around, and a couple pieces of flat steel on top of that, and then used that set up to pull the sleeves by tightening the nuts. My handy neighbor was the key....and having a machine shop where I could get some scrap pipe and other pieces. I actually bought on line a plan for a similar contraption, but its dimensions were just slightly off, and in this job a couple thousandths makes a big difference. If you are too narrow you slip by the sleeve....too wide and you hook the side wall. But just right and everything is doable.

Could you give me the size of the puck that was use to get the liner out so I can have one made?

Thanks in advance

/ Need Information on 231 Perkins Minor Overhaul #12  
It was a Max Force kit. Don't recall the exact distributor, but it was in the mid-west,maybe Iowa, Minnesota.

There is a lot of information on line about pulling the sleeves. There are kits, but I had a neighbor with a metal lath and he had some aluminum disks about the size of the piston. Those disks were about 1/2 inch thick. He milled it down so that it had a lip and when it fit within the cylinder so the lip rested on the sleeve. Same concept as the puller kits. Then, we drilled a 3/4 hole in the center, or maybe it already had that. Took a long 3/4 threaded rod, a cast iron piece of pipe about 16" around, and a couple pieces of flat steel on top of that, and then used that set up to pull the sleeves by tightening the nuts. My handy neighbor was the key....and having a machine shop where I could get some scrap pipe and other pieces. I actually bought on line a plan for a similar contraption, but its dimensions were just slightly off, and in this job a couple thousandths makes a big difference. If you are too narrow you slip by the sleeve....too wide and you hook the side wall. But just right and everything is doable.

One more question. After you changed the liner, did you have the block milled? Or?
Thanks