Need list of ground speed for tractors

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #11  
mccormick cx 105 does at least 25 mph.i had a old ih that went at least 35mph.

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #12  
Most main brands do 50kph versions now but to go above that you will be looking at fastracs or unimogs .
90hp will be about as small as you will find high speed transmissions but 40kph is pretty standard for european tractors of this size .

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #13  
In the USA the highest gears are actually locked out of the tractors if they are sold here, we have different laws and eules than in Europe, just doesn't work out to try to go that fast in a tractor 'here'. You'd be breaking some laws/ rules.

The good news is you won't need a licence in 99% of of the counties of the USA, much less rules for a vehicle that is farm related and goes under 30mph here in the USA. So most manufaturers keep the top speed well under 30mph on a farm tractor.

--->Paul

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #14  
Talking ag size only, old tractors usually are 30 km/hr max, most newer tractors and most european tractors are 40 km/hr machines at least with the very latest being 50 km/hr machines. Some JCB's can go faster but they are not the same as a tractor, they have a direct mechanical linkage in the steering, not hydraulic hoses and have 4 wheel suspension.

The 40 and 50 km/h machines have 4 wheel braking either on the tire or via the 4wd being engaged. The 50 km/h machines have front axle and cab suspension.

My own tractor is a 40 km/hr machine, and let me tell you, it can be a handful to keep it on a rough road at that speed. No axle or cab suspension.

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #15  
Most of the tractors in the size you want are going to be in the 20MPH range. The ~35-50 HP larger CUT's are in the 17MPH range. And the smaller CUT's like in the 25-35HP range only do ~13-14MPH.

The ford/sherman combo only mustered ~23-24 MPH, so that isnt even close on speed or HP.

Tractor data TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors is pretty good about listing specs for speeds. You can sort tractors by make, and then by year if you are looking for something new. Click on a tractor and click the transmission tab. It usually lists speeds IF the MFG published the info. But I dont think you are going to find any list. Just start looking at specs.

PS Why do you need one so fast???

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #16  
Hello,

I am currently living in the Netherlands. The tractors here in Europe have a fast road gear. I've seen some cruising down the road at 60 kph. Which is around 35 mph. Farmers here don't use trucks so the tractor is used on the farm and to tranport. As I move back to the U.S., I will be purchasing a tractor for use in between two farms and would like one that moves this fast. Does anyone have a listing of tractors and their ground speeds. I need one 40-90 hp. Thanks all.

My 2008 Mahindra 5525 does 18.3 mph in H4 with 13.6 x 28 tires

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #17  
My Kubota 9540 tops out at 22.5 mph. But it'll beat your teeth out above 21 mph.

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #18  
Hello,

I am currently living in the Netherlands. The tractors here in Europe have a fast road gear. I've seen some cruising down the road at 60 kph. Which is around 35 mph. Farmers here don't use trucks so the tractor is used on the farm and to tranport. As I move back to the U.S., I will be purchasing a tractor for use in between two farms and would like one that moves this fast. Does anyone have a listing of tractors and their ground speeds. I need one 40-90 hp. Thanks all.

Zetor tractors have either creeper or hwy gear. Some older two wheel drive models had also from suspension. Some models have four wheel brakes.
Products - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA
I know those models from Europe but I am not sure if Zetor imports them to North America.

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #19  
A few months back I read an article in one of the farm mags-perhaps Farm Bureau--that higher road speed tractors were coming and that the faster speeds would increase productivity. Mine max out at 18 mph but as noted in this thread, the Kubota 9540 is now 22.5 mph. I can't remmeber exactly but recall the mention of 35 mph .

/ Need list of ground speed for tractors #20  
Zetor tractors have either creeper or hwy gear. Some older two wheel drive models had also from suspension. Some models have four wheel brakes.
Products - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA
I know those models from Europe but I am not sure if Zetor imports them to North America.

Look for older Zetors Proxima. I remember some models imported to USA had 4 wheel brakes and I also think they had highway gear.

Hre is one with 4wd brakes but speed is only about 24 mph