need more lifting power on loader

/ need more lifting power on loader #21  
are using a spear on front of bucket andyou say you are almost there in lift capability

I guarantee that if you drop the bucket which is several hundred lbs and use a quick attached spear which moves the bale at least a foot closer to the pivot point, then you will solve your problem, become happier with the tractor...at less cost than a hydraulic rear three point bale lift. Give it a try:)

That will probably do it for you...
When we had cows my dad used an old Ford 800 Powermaster to load his round bales...
These bales were not too heavy as we used an old New Holland Chain round baler...
The tractor had a factory Ford FEL that ran off of a pto pump in the front...
He had a set of bale forks made for that loader that was pin attached...
Never took it off...
I would guess that he saved around 200# of lifting capacity by having the bucket off...
Worked like a top...
Worth investigating...

/ need more lifting power on loader
man thats brilliant..thanks. ill bet its enough. i can fab that myself also. itll be better than a new rig. oustanding idea....:thumbsup:

jj im wanting to increase the power on a massey 1240 not on a bx 2200. thats just another rig i own

changing off the bucket is a good idea. i rarely use it and i can probly leave it off for most of the time.

thanks

gary

ill be gittin on that this weekend:thumbsup:

/ need more lifting power on loader #25  
If you tilt the load back, you can lift more as you change the center point. If the load shifts back 12 inches, it shifts the load closer to the pivot point.

As far as increasing the power of the hyd's, larger cyl, and pump with higher pressure.

Getting the pressure about 50 psi below the pump rated pressure.

Getting the load closer to the pivot point will also help.

If the tractor is light on the rear, use more weight or a heavier implement.

Last edited:
   / need more lifting power on loader #26  
i know its a shakey topic but i need a tiny bit more to lift a roundbale with my 1250..1240? dangit whichever..

anyways i was wanting to shim the relief valve maybe since it will lift a roundbale but not high enough to stack em at least 2 high.

if i cant get this to work im gonna sell the tractor cuz it wont do the job. just bought it..when i was looking at it i tried lifting some bales they had there but obviously mine are much heavier.

ive had it all summer and its been good at everything else so i am happy with it but i need a bit more press to get the loader to lift a bit more wieght. either way im selling it cuz its obviously not big enough..back to kubotas i guess

gary

When I put the new loader on my MF 285 loader tractor with boom, I went with 1/2 inch oversize lift cylinders and gained 1000 more lift pounds. I have never regretted that upgrade. Ken Sweet

thats also a poss. but since ive got the fork already im gonna try taking the bucket off. i hardly use it and the spear will do most of my other lifting

bigger cyls can be had pretty cheap too i think..thanks
gary

cranked the loader elief in..barely gittin it done but it helped...til i can move up to a bigger machine next summer

anyone wanna buy a good used 1240

/ need more lifting power on loader #29  
so, I think you have relief valve at Max spec and using hay fork can now lift the bales that were too heavy before, right?
?

i was able to keep the bucket on using a spear witht the loader relief turned in 2 turns. the tractor relief is letting it off now. but its lifting them ..im still gonna try to make the spear an att instead of clamping onto the bucket.