Price Check Need more pricing info

/ Need more pricing info #1  

SleepingDog

Tractor
NH TC24DA
Hi all,
I posted before on the general list and that was great, but I'm still confused...less about which make, (I really like the NH), but more about which model and about pricing. I test drove again a gear TC29D and a TC33D, both rental returns. Without getting into the Hydro vs Gear thread I need some model and cost checking. The price for the used (60 hours) TC33D (hydro) with 7308 was 21,332 (including tax), the TC 29D (gear) with 7308 was 17,300. He also quoted me a new TC29D with Hydro and Mid PTO, Supersteer for 22,100.

Heres a bunch of questions:
1) Should the new TC29D with 7308 actually be a TC29DA with a 14LA? Is he trying to sell me a "leftover"? I've read others getting new TC29DA with 14LA. Are the "DA" 2004 tractors? I checked the New Holland website and they only list the DA's.

2) Would 22K a good price for a new TC29DA, hydro, supersteer with a 14LA?

3) My budget was originaly 15K but that seems unlikely with a new tractor. I'm having to reconsider a higher top figure. If I had to move down to a TC24DA, hydro with a 12LA what might a reasonable price be?

4) Should I go outside of my area and call other dealers? The only other dealers are about 2hrs away. Would they be likely to quote over the phone?

5) If I go outside my area for the purchase will I get the same service from my local dealer when I have to bring it in? I don't want to sacrfice later service for saving some money up front?

/ Need more pricing info #2  
Area has a lot to do with it. Fill in your profile so we know where abouts your from. I'm from the Midwest. A year ago or so I bought a TC29D with super-steer, hydro, 72"MMM and 7308 loader and bucket and paid less than 20,000. So even if your price is for he new 29DA it seems high. If it is the 29D and 7308 loader I really think your dealer is way high. I would do some more shopping around. In your other post you mentioned you like the New Holland and hydro. Did you check to see if there is a Case dealer around. Same tractor red instead of blue. If you are up in the Northeast your prices may be in line. If you fill in your profile and let others know where your from the guys in your area can give you better help.

murph

/ Need more pricing info
Murph,
I edited my profile so all can see. I'm new to the list and didn't know. FYI, I'm on California's central cost. There is a ton of agricultural here in the Salinas Valley. A lot of lettuce, artichokes, broccoli, and massive vineyards. The Fresno area is about 3 hours away which is another large Ag area.

Everything is expensive here. The median house price for a 2000 sq ft home 3 bedroom 1-1/2 bath is 500K with no land. Land price is about 100K an acre. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The price for the tractors I got quotes on do seem high to what I read on the forum.

Thanks

SleepingDog

/ Need more pricing info #4  
Yes your area may be higher. Others from your area should post and let you know what they paid for comparable items. Two hours away may not be bad. If your mechanical then you can do some of the maintenance and repairs on your own. Just have parts shipped to you and bad ones shipped back to the dealer. If your not mechanical then having to haul it two hours is a chore. Unless you get a lemon you should only have to take it back once. I would check with Corriher implement and just get a price check from them. Then maybe your dealer will negotiate some. For the 29 brand new and a 15k budget you may be forced to go used or drop down to the gear. The super-steer is nice for mowing but that is it, I would get rid of it if your going to do mostly loader work. That will save you money monies also.

The 24 is a nice tractor and will do what the 29 will do but will take longer. But you could get to you 15k budget with it. Just keep in mind it is a smaller frame tractor. I had a 21 and kept it a year and traded up for the 29. I wished I had more advice for you but I don't. Even though you felt most comfortable with the New Holland look at some of the others out there. It will help you in your decision.

murph

/ Need more pricing info #5  
I'm not sure if you looked at the NH TC30, but that would put you (power wise) in between the TC29 and 33. It doesn't have alot of the creature features of the Boomer series, but you could get into one for under 15K with gear and a little over 15K with hydro. The recommended loader for the TC30 is the 7308. The Boomer series offers the more aerodynamic 14 or 16LA loaders that follow the contour of the sloped hoods.
Apparently, the Boomers can accommodate the 7308 loader, but it hampers the visibility which is supposed to be one of the pluses of the Boomers.
As far as the service question, I believe your local dealer will perform warranty work, but you may be at the bottom of the list in terms of priority.

/ Need more pricing info #6  
The used 33D price looks very high even for west coast. I recently bought a TC33D (less than 2 hrs), hydro, supersteer and 7308 for $19,200 (no tax) and the supersteer was $900 so without would be $18,300.

1) Yes, new is the DA and LA so must be trying to sell leftover.

2) Appears very high based upon my 33D price above.

3) I agree that you might want to look at TC30 which is very good basic tractor and you can get with hydro. I looked at it but chose the 33D because of all the extra features available that were important to me.

4) Definitely check with other dealers especially if you don't feel confortable with this one and to see if you are getting a fair deal. The dealer is very important in the decision process.

5) I've had no experience with this issue since I purchased local but you have to decide if timely service is important or not. If you don't buy from the local dealer, he probably will put you lower on the priority list for service if other customers are needing service.

Good luck!