Buying Advice Need Opinions

/ Need Opinions #11  
I agree with others that you will be disappointed if you think a 5000 lb tractor is going to do much to a 2 foot diameter tree. I have a 8000 lb compact track loader that wouldn't have a chance. I have found that they make the right tool for most anything and that's why I always hire an excavator to do that kind of work. They can do more in an hour that I could do in a month, figure about 5 minutes a tree. Then I use my tractors with grapple for cleanup. This type of work can really tear up your equipment too. Good luck with whatever you decide.

/ Need Opinions #12  
I agree with others that you will be disappointed if you think a 5000 lb tractor is going to do much to a 2 foot diameter tree. I have a 8000 lb compact track loader that wouldn't have a chance. I have found that they make the right tool for most anything and that's why I always hire an excavator to do that kind of work. They can do more in an hour that I could do in a month, figure about 5 minutes a tree. Then I use my tractors with grapple for cleanup. This type of work can really tear up your equipment too. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'll have to agree. Using a bucket to dig up the root system makes removing trees a breeze. Without doing that, you need a substantially larger tractor. Maybe try looking into a tractor with a backhoe attachment, known as a TLB (tractor, loader, backhoe). A smaller machine with a backhoe would likely be quicker and less wear on your machine than trying to bulldoze your way through trees on a larger tractor. The right tool for the job!

/ Need Opinions #13  
@ TomSeller, the biggest would probably be about 2' diameter. I would cut the tree high so the FEL could have something to push against. Also would dig around base with FEL and either push or pull with FEL.

I don't know your soil or your trees, but unless the roots are shallow, that is a pretty tall order to fill. Have pushed such trees over before?