Need PHD Help!

/ Need PHD Help! #11  
I have a hydaulic drive phd that fits on my front end loader. Works great and you can put lots of down pressure on it and since it is hyrdaulic no shear pins to bust. You can reverse it if you get hung on a large rock or root. But........ I always have to clean a little dirt out of the hole out by hand. unless its wet. Stopping the auger from spinning and gently lifting it out seems to work the best. If you have someone helping you have them take a flat shovel and clean the mound of dirt from around the egdes of the hole before you lift out. Beats cleaning it out of the hole. Make sure to stop the auger from spinning otherwise shovel can get hung and create an unsafe situation real fast!

/ Need PHD Help!
Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

I was operating at the 540 PTO RPM setting (even though it is hydraulic, not PTO) as a higher RPM was needed and that seemed right. I even tried full power as an experiment.

The PHD was almost new when I bought it, the paint was not worn off the auger so I think it should still have the right profile to move the dirt.

It has been raining a little today so I will see if that helps, and I will see if lifting a nonspinning auger helps.

I expected to have to clean out the holes a little, but not nearly the entire hole.

I will keep practicing.