Backhoe Need some backhoe info

/ Need some backhoe info #1  

bob918

Hello,

I just put a down payment on a used 2910. I want to put a backhoe on it but don't know which one to get. The dealer said he would set me up with one that attaches to the 3 point hitch but I've heard that type makes the tractor sway alot. He said a "sub frame" would be a lot more money. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Bob

/ Need some backhoe info #2  
Subframe is the strongest setup. I would pay the extra without question.

/ Need some backhoe info #3  
You didn't mention what attachments you are getting with the 2910. If it has a MMM then you should consider a<font color="orange"> Kubota </font>3PH backhoe. Be sure a Heavy Duty top link bracket and folding ROPs is installed.
The sub frame models are usually a Woods or other manufacture. Pricing is about the same or a little less than the <font color="orange"> Kubota </font>3PH model. Price for the BL4690 is about $6000.
I have the<font color="orange"> Kubota </font>BL4690 model BH. It can be pain to install at times. It's working ability on the B2910 is great. But this is not a commercial grade tractor or BH. They are designed for a homeowner.
I have never had a sub frame BH. But from the post here on TBN they are easier to install on a tractor.
I do not have any sway with my BH. When digging there is some noise that will be heard when weight is shifted while digging. You get used to it after awhile.
I'm not the only TBNer that has this 3PH BH on a B27-2910 & B7800. I have not heard of any problems with the BH or Tractor with this setup.

/ Need some backhoe info #4  
I have a woods 3ph bh with a sub-frame and was told that the sub-frame set up keeps the tractor frame from twisting like a pretzel,

/ Need some backhoe info #5  
If you plan on keeping your tractor, go for the sub frame. You will thank yourself in the long run.

Gary

/ Need some backhoe info #6  
Last year I had a BX23 (subframe) and I changed it for a B3030 with a BH75 (subframe) this Spring. My advice: go with a subframe. That way, backhoe and tractor are as one when working (nearly no play at all between the two). Very easy to remove (about 2 minutes) and it doesn't stress the rear of the tractor too much when you're working hard. If you have a deal for a 3pt go for it but a subframe is the best (IMHO).