Need some help: Double bottom plow ID

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #1  

DMF

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1552 Cab Model
I need help trying to identify this plow. I can't find a tag with a manufacturer on it anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• P1030813.jpg
    P1030813.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 295
  • P1030816.jpg
    P1030816.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 294
  • P1030817.jpg
    P1030817.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 201
  • P1030818.jpg
    P1030818.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 196
   / Need some help: Double bottom plow ID
Wow 52 views and no one here has a guess to the make? C'mon, you guys are the experts here! ;o)

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #3  
I can't tell you the model but from looking at the clamps, it looks like it could be an International. International used that type of clamp on a lot of different types of plows. Sorry, I can't help anymore.

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #4  
call this guy earl seamands 217 586 3604 he will know what it is
you may have to take a part off to get # but he will know and can get you parts very good!
and no i have no idea
but if i had to guess i would say its a massy shares look like massy

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #5  
I have looked around on the internet at all the Fords, Masseys, Molines, Olivers, Dearborns, etc etc and I can't find one that looks remotely like that thing. It could be any one of those but none that I could find looked like it.

We need Farmwithjunk to look into this.

N80 said:
We need Farmwithjunk to look into this.
Good idea; I'll send him a PM with a link to the thread....

I honestly thought it was going to be simpler than this!

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #7  
DMF said:
Wow 52 views and no one here has a guess to the make? C'mon, you guys are the experts here! ;o)

Judging by the color (probably pretty faded) I'd say it's some kind of McCormick/IH.

My IH #8 Little Genius 2-14 trailer plow looks like it has roughly that shade of red on the frame.

DSCF0118Medium.jpg

IH changed it's red color in 1963, IIRC. My plow is from the 1940s and was painted with the original IH red which is somewhat darker than the newer red. That makes me think that your plow may have been made after 1963.

Yesterday I picked up IH red, cream and blue to pretty up my plow. Need to get the grit blaster fired up later this month and clean off that old paint.

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #8  
??????

Thought I'd seen it all until you posted that!

My first thought was IH, but there's a few things that just don't look "IH".

I'm digging through a few old books to see what I can find.

Also posted a pic over at YT in the implement forum. Hopefully someone there'll know what that thing is.

/ Need some help: Double bottom plow ID #9  
Farmwithjunk said:
??????

Thought I'd seen it all until you posted that!

That thing must be from Mars!

On the serious side, it does look like a pretty substantial unit. It also looks like the coulters have springs. DMF, have you used it yet?

I haven't used it yet. I'm looking to possibly buy it but I'd like to know what I'm getting, especially if I ever need to find parts etc.