Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine

/ Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #41  
Every vehicles computer is calibrated for the tires and gears it has. Even tractor speedos can be calibrated for different tires.

I have noticed on some vehicles when I check them with my GPS the speedo may be correct at 25mph but of at 55mph like the number are not on the gauge properly.

Newer vehicles with a electronic speedo are usually pretty accurate.

/ Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #42  
Well then it is unfortunate that they are all not calbrated right. I have never seen a stock tired vehicle with a speedometer that did not read optimistic. Go up a tire size to get it to read right.
larry

/ Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #43  
Well then it is unfortunate that they are all not calbrated right. I have never seen a stock tired vehicle with a speedometer that did not read optimistic. Go up a tire size to get it to read right.
larry

unfortunate for you and the other guy. "sorry officer but I went with a different gear ratio and wheel steup from the factory so my speedo is off". Good luck buddy. Give me a break.
Optimistic means they all read fast.

/ Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #44  
   / Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #45  
larry

well I have a 9c1 police caprice and right under the speedo in big letters (CERTIFIED) is is printed on the dash by the factory.

That makes me think that the manufacturers do have another level of accuracy, and that they do verify accuracy for police agencies vehicles...OR they just printed that and charged extra money:laughing:

have an 03 3500 H.O. NV5600 104,000 miles- I think they are really decent trucks

Last edited:
   / Need some info about Ram 2500 with the Cummins engine #47  
larry

well I have a 9c1 police caprice and right under the speedo in big letters (CERTIFIED) is is printed on the dash by the factory.

That makes me think that the manufacturers do have another level of accuracy, and that they do verify accuracy for police agencies vehicles...OR they just printed that and charged extra money:laughing:

have an 03 3500 H.O. NV5600 104,000 miles- I think they are really decent trucks
I think the 2-3 higher MPH reading on std OEM is on purpose. Slows people down a bit.
larry