Need some tree experts help

/ Need some tree experts help #11  
I agree that the spacing is a bit tight. I also think I see a power line pretty close to you proposed planting. Would hate to see you spend years getting those trees to size and have the power company come in and cut them up. Here the power company has a 30' easement that they have the right to control.

MarkV

/ Need some tree experts help #12  
Do you have any apple trees? Apples and cedars dont work well

/ Need some tree experts help #13  
If there are any nurseries near you I'd inquire of them what spacing and what trees would grow best and fastest for your needs in your zone. This is what they do as professionals and even if they charged you for the consult, possibly at your site, it would be money well spent. Often they will waive the consult fee if you buy the stock from them. This can be advantageous too due to warranty's on some tree stock.

/ Need some tree experts help #14  
I agree with talking to a local nursery. There is always the challenge of balancing having privacy early but not choking the trees as they grow. My neighbors' fir trees (planted 4' apart 15+ yrs ago) are thin at the bottom- 25' tall but you can see right between them. Maybe a hedgerow for immediate privacy with trees behind that will fill in a few years later?

/ Need some tree experts help #15  
Mussler Forests just sent me a catalog, they have varities listed by salt tolarence, along with ones that will provide screening.

/ Need some tree experts help #16  
My neighbors' fir trees (planted 4' apart 15+ yrs ago) are thin at the bottom- 25' tall but you can see right between them. Maybe a hedgerow for immediate privacy with trees behind that will fill in a few years later?

The reason I chose Deodora cedars, they grow right to the ground if you let'em.

/ Need some tree experts help #17  
The plan you have is pretty "formal". Be careful how close you get to the driveway. I have flowering trees lining my drive and they are pain. They are too close and I hit them with my truck antenna, my trailer gate, etc. They are sized such that trimming the lower branches would ruin them. Last year I had an excavator in to dredge my pond and he took down several limbs (not on purpose) just getting the trackhoe in and out. I also have evergreens that were planted too close and I'm going to have to take them out because of that.

I would suggest that after you get your trees decided on and located, you think about adding a few strategically placed, fast growing flowering shrubs like forscythia. That will give you some quick privacy and visual interest. 10 years from now when the trees are established you can take the bushes out if you don't want them anymore.