Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #21  
If it were me I would start looking at springs designed for other applications. There must be springs out there that are close enough to work! A sping is not normally that exact of part. Your may be able to have one made that would work esp. if you have the old one. Hope this helps.

Randy

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #22  
Hey guys:
I am really starting to feel real comfortable here with all you august experienced experts saying I am on the wrong path and bound to have no chance at all of success. It has always been the same for me since birth with 3 older brothers. They always set the standards and suggested I would be crazy to try to even outdo them. The experts in accounting, real estate, medicine, surgery, tax, law and even mechanical work all have said time and again "But you can not do that!" Well Naysayers I have almost always just persistantly and religiously worked out the problems to prove the jackasses who were unmovable wrong as I slowly plodded like a tortoise winbning time and again.

I really love your sedentary pattern of approaches too. We will send the newbee on a "snipe hunt" and if he is wise enough to know better then we will suggest that he is foolish to not follow bad advise from great experts who can not even explain why they make such suggestions. How dare ME? Then we will both argue that he should make the 150 calls and that it is useless to make the calls too because the parts are not to be had. Always these big experts instead of showing the path towards excellence just lean on doing what is easy and convenient. I have to thank you all as you have truly made me smile by just how usual and self centered you have been like so many in the box people I have proven wrong for five plus decades. Please do keep up the good work as nothing pleases me more than to get such encouragement. Then when I fix this small problem I can laugh again at those presenting themselves as the great experts missing the most important virtues needed for great success.

By the way guys I probably own more tractors than anyone else who has written. Also I bought this tractor for reasonable money and working. I had no idea of this or other problems already fixed. I bought it from a friend who I have bought at least 10 tractors from before. I MYSELF have been working upon fixing the problems in way you all could not hardly imagine patiently already over almost 2 years till this is the only problem left to be addressed. For those of you thinking out loud and I have never sold one tractor though I am neither a collector nor restorer. Yes I am crazy but mainly like the fox!

I will sum up the help from you all to date. Danny at Parker, his own dealership, can get me the least important of the two springs. I will bet the tractor would operate with just the one spring no-one can find but not the smaller one he has located. All the rest of you togethger have not even addresses any real plausible practical location of any parts. The guy suggesting welding them together at least thought wrongly that his suggestion might reasonably work. I dobt seriously anyone who suggested 150 calls presenting NO BASIS would have seriously considered doing this themselvse. By the way Aces I will likely call all 150 but not certainly because you all presented this as a good idea. I would have ended up doing that in a clear hierarchy of choices ahead too complex for most of you to envision. Try to save bad suggestions and write to address finding some used parts if you sense constructive behavior. No one has even addressed the possibility of finding used parts. Is that because any idea not yours must be NO GOOD?
I have always volunteered to help others in ways that most of your egos would not even tolerate. As that is not about anyone or person at all.

ben

OH my gosh.....reread your posts. You are not about to call other dealers because it was supposedly not backed up with first hand experiences of success or as you stated, "rational basis in effectiveness" and "possibilities"? Well, I can tell you, I have had to do just this on several occasions and the results were that I found the obscure part I was looking for. Did I talk to 150 different dealers? No, fortunately I didn't have to but I have called 25-30 before finding what I needed and would have continued to call everyone I could until I exhausted my resources. There...now you have what you have asked for,(" Please tell me why you feel such an approach has been helpful to you in the past? )

The truth is evident in your own words, "for advising a whole **** of a lot of work." You sure don't demonstrate that you want to obtain something that you "need...very badly". These 150 dealers are not only the most likely path to obtaining your coveted springs but your only likely possibility to date. If anyone posting here would have had first hand knowledge of where you can find this "used part" they would have simply stated so. Since they obviously didn't but were kind enough to offer other suggestions, you condemn them. For such a self professed success and (implied) intellectually superior being.....youre not acting very smart or motivated when it comes to this issue. You ask that the others make these 150 phone calls and find it for you while you profess, "Always these big experts instead of showing the path towards excellence just lean on doing what is easy and convenient." You have demonstrated that you simply want a path to obtaining this part that is "easy and convenient" and will settle for nothing else. The easiest path is what we all desire but at this point it is more than evident that is not likely going to be the case.
Get off your high horse and take what is some "rational" advice. Call the people that are in the business of finding and selling parts and do it to the extent that you have to, even if that means 150 phone calls. Otherwise, you don't need it "very badly"......call it a cost/benefit experiment, you can understand that.

Last edited:
   / Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!
From both a physics and engineering approach this is quite reasonable and straight forward if you have a good near new spring you wish to get more off. Unfortunately with broken old and potentially damaged springs one can not get entirely accurate information for deformation and total length. These particular springs are especially important and critical since Yanmar instead of using one spring used two for exactly the same function. This additionally likely suggests that one spring alone would be insufficient or would not function properly making sensitivity highly needed to how these actually operate in this environment. If one makes the assumption the both springs were the same length and one has that one new spring in hand supplied by Danny it is possible to make a fairly reliable Guess at the larger spring. It takes somewhat complex calculations and testing of the remaining parts of the spring too. there is considerable room for error since we KNOW the remaining parts were exposed to damaging forces beyond their capacity. This is exactly one of numerous approaches that I am investigating. Those routes are far more touchy than getting the actual initial specification for these parts from Yanmar or measuring them accurately from two new springs. I have already written to Yanmar asking for some very technical cooperation. Obviously an alternative with helpful but not exacting results would be to do the same with two used springs if such could be located. Now you see why new or used spring location has been requested.

Thank you for the suggestion that while well guided is near impossible to actually do accurately without more exacting details.

ben

If it were me I would start looking at springs designed for other applications. There must be springs out there that are close enough to work! A sping is not normally that exact of part. Your may be able to have one made that would work esp. if you have the old one. Hope this helps.

Randy

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!
I guess you have missed some of my responses and I can not expect you to follow this all. I clearly wrote on this site that calling broadly these remaining 150 or 350 dealers was long before I first wrote for help already on my list of alternative solutions. NOT ONE POSTER HAS SUGGESTED THEY HAVE OR WOULD WITH EXPERIENCE FOLLOW THEIR OWN SUGGESTION EXPECTING LIKELY SUCCESS. To suggest others do what one would not do is to insult them and present oneself as neither honest honorable trustworthy nor reliable. It does not fall in the realm of good advise!

Fortunately there are a list of many simpler suggestions that all but fools would recognize are far far more direct and more likely to get results. Remember my profoungly insightfull friend Not one person has suggested that they have ever had any success even rarely with this approach or heard of one person that they personally know who has benefitted by this approach. You so strongly suggest if you do not have good suggestions just use a bad one even it is only a possibility and then pound it into others since you have failed to say you have even done this with success nor have you suggested you have ever successfully done anything like this so we might believe that you could or would undertake such an endevor. As a professional I was bound to avoid telling people what could work and focus upon what should or was probable in effectiveness. I understood talking about hairbrained suggestion no matter how possible was neither constructive nor helpful. Actually it easily harmful giving false optimism and distracting when finding much much better choices is Primarily the first and only objective.

Please provide a basis in real experience for others to show you recommend something and do not just suggest "Trust me!" The late Buddy Hackett the comedian said so well "Do you know how you say Trust me! in Yiddish?" he soon replied "F--K You!" You just do not get that there is no basis other than HOPE presented. By the way for your daughter "Hope" is not a form of birth control.
I do appoligize to all offended for attempting to bring some logic, reason, focus and objectivity into your forum. It must be a real insult for most to be requested to even consider such stressful and straining virtues. By the way folks this is not entertainment and I have wasted much time trying to show you what quality looks like because it is so unimaginable to most. My intentions asking for help was never to suggest that I was asking for help from your imaginations to boldly explore the resources of Uranus or other distant worlds. I asked for sources of these specific two parts new in one thread and used in the other. Even relating you checked with so and so and they did not have these parts or places where they might be looked for were always responded to with thanks. I never started writing so I could teach you all how to approach solving this problem not guide you all either. I have work to do and these parts to replace.

Again, I am asking for specific help in locating new or used parts. Danny is ordering the smaller less critical spring of the pair.

If you feel you have a route to a solution that is probable to work with the information I have already provided please tell me how you have succeeded in the past or seen others succeed. Other suggestions will be accepted for what they are worth. Please do not expect great exultation for weird wild and unlikely ideas you would not do yourself expecting success with some real probability. Let us just say that those suggestions to effective people presented in this forum will be considered mainly entertainment.

respectfully,
ben

OH my gosh.....reread your posts. You are not about to call other dealers because it was supposedly not backed up with first hand experiences of success or as you stated, "rational basis in effectiveness" and "possibilities"? Well, I can tell you, I have had to do just this on several occasions and the results were that I found the obscure part I was looking for. Did I talk to 150 different dealers? No, fortunately I didn't have to but I have called 25-30 before finding what I needed and would have continued to call everyone I could until I exhausted my resources. There...now you have what you have asked for,(" Please tell me why you feel such an approach has been helpful to you in the past? )

The truth is evident in your own words, "for advising a whole **** of a lot of work." You sure don't demonstrate that you want to obtain something that you "need...very badly". These 150 dealers are not only the most likely path to obtaining your coveted springs but your only likely possibility to date. If anyone posting here would have had first hand knowledge of where you can find this "used part" they would have simply stated so. Since they obviously didn't but were kind enough to offer other suggestions, you condemn them. For such a self professed success and (implied) intellectually superior being.....youre not acting very smart or motivated when it comes to this issue. You ask that the others make these 150 phone calls and find it for you while you profess, "Always these big experts instead of showing the path towards excellence just lean on doing what is easy and convenient." You have demonstrated that you simply want a path to obtaining this part that is "easy and convenient" and will settle for nothing else. The easiest path is what we all desire but at this point it is more than evident that is not likely going to be the case.
Get off your high horse and take what is some "rational" advice. Call the people that are in the business of finding and selling parts and do it to the extent that you have to, even if that means 150 phone calls. Otherwise, you don't need it "very badly"......call it a cost/benefit experiment, you can understand that.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #25  
Ending that wild-eyed rant with 'respectfully' doesn't make it so.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #26  
you need to get back on that medication, Ben:rolleyes:

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #27  
You sir should have checked your ego and expertive at the door when you asked for help. russ

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #28  
Ben,

Regardless of the usefulness of others answers, they were all trying their best to assist you, and deserved better than your self-righteous tirades.

Some of the answers you received have come from those who have helped a multitude of others with their problems with no compensation for their time and efforts.

If there is anyone here left who may be able to help you with your problem, I am afraid that you have scared them off with your tyrannical replies.

Good Luck solving your dilemma.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #29  
I promise this will be my last post in this thread....I normally will not allow myself to be baited into such nonsense.

After I posted the fact that I have had to do exactly what has been suggested to you (call numerous dealers until an obscure part was found) you go on to again state "NOT ONE POSTER HAS SUGGESTED THEY HAVE OR WOULD WITH EXPERIENCE FOLLOW THEIR OWN SUGGESTION EXPECTING LIKELY SUCCESS."

Reread my post...yes I have done exactly this, under very similar circumstances and was successful each time. You keep asking where to find such parts and the answer has been laid before you in no uncertain terms...No one here has first hand knowledge of where that exact part is located. HOWEVER, in turn they have offered up the suggestion that it is most likely to be in the possession of a Yanmar dealer with an NOS parts inventory. Does that require work on your behalf? YES. Is someone here willing to start calling dealers for you? NO, should we be expected to? NO. Does this mean that the suggestion is not plausible? NO, to the contrary it is the most likely place to find it. Can you tell me why calling businesses that make their living selling outdated parts isn't the most likely place to find it? Just WHO do you think will have it then? Of equal or greater importance, many of these parts dealers also repair these tractors and a good source of information on how they may have repaired this problem in the past.

You keep preaching about "excellence" as some broad term that includes implying that you are not limited by what others think is impossible or can't be done by you and THIS is how you respond to having to pick up the phone? Give me a break!!!!!!

You are the ONLY person here stating or even suggesting that making these calls will not be fruitful. Even if they had said it is unlikely, since you have not found the part by any other means, is "unlikely" a valid reason to not attempt it? That is entirely up to you to decide. I have been told before that parts were no longer available by the largest dealers in the nation and had to make that same decision and both times I found it to be a good one.
Good luck in finding your part...I mean this sincerely.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #30  
You get what you pay for. All the advise you recieved was free, was it not? If you have a problem with what someone suggests then get over it. I dont think your gonna get any more help here with an attitude like that. Several of the suggestions that were given to you seem totally valid to me. Hows that tractor running by the way? Hmmmm, what do you have to lose by trying two springs of similiar size?