Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #22  
I'd use chain, not cable. Edges of concrete slab may cut individual cable strands.
On this old farm, which used to use horse power, I found a number of 4" diameter dowels about 4 feet long, which I believe were placed under heavy objects. As the heavy object was moved off of one dowel, it was place in front of the heavy object, to be used again in the move. Probably 3 or 4 dowels at any one time under the heavy object.
If you have a centered hook on your FEL, I think you'd not have a worry about torqueing something. Chain that slab. You may not be able to lift it, but you can diminish the weight on the ground as you drag it to the new location.
Good Post

I'd be a bit concerned that chains might dig into the edges of the concrete though. Cables I agree, may not survive. The other option might be several heavy transport straps. I like the idea of the dowels /logs. There may also be a way to put some wheels under the slab once lifted ... corner by corner.
I think that I would check out what an Equipment Rental Centre in your area would have or suggest, even as rollers etc. Then decide.
If you know somebody with a Tilting Deck Truck (moves vehicles, shipping containers etc) that might also be an option to get under it ... if space permits. All the best with a solution.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #23  
Need two round wood fence posts, cut in half to make 4 rollers. Or DIY with logs.

Some boards to make a corner protector, nailed in an L-shape lengthways.

Floor jack, chain, cable, strap, or rope.

Dig a hole, insert floor jack, lift, insert rollers. Put the corner protector on the far side. Wrap a chain, cable, strap, or rope. Pull to new location, replacing rollers as they come out.

Bruce

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #25  
rebar and mesh only keep the broken pieces together AFTER the slab breaks.
Why is it used in concrete bridge construction? Is it just to make cleanup easier after the bridge collapses?

If rebar doesn't add structural strength, why is it used at all?

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #26  
Concrete is strong in compression, but not in tension. The rebar handles the tension part of stresses.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #27  
As for "levelling" the ground under the slab in the new place. I've moved slabs before, and close to the size you plan to do. The easiest way I've found to level the ground is to put the slab in place and put it on blocking so there is some space between the ground and underside of the slab. Then take a stick in the shape of a "T" and run it all around under the slab so that the ground is the same distance from the bottom of the slab everywhere. This should get you close enough that the remaining imperfections won't matter.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #28  
Got good idea's already and if you were close to where I live I would run by one day and move it for you. Maybe someone close by has a bigger tractor with forks.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab.
^^ Got two that could/would, but this is a very narrow area on soft ground with a bit of a slope. No where for anything bigger to maneuver.

/ Need to move an 800+ pound concrete slab. #30  
moved a concrete slab a little bigger than yours last fall using front forks, but my tractor is bigger. It wasn’t very difficult getting it leveled in the new spot. But in your case wanting to set it into a perimeter of cement blocks will probably make it much more difficult, would probably be much easier to just pour new concrete and save the old slab to use for something else.