Need to replace CT235 seat.

/ Need to replace CT235 seat. #11  
After shopping around a little, I found an Ebay seller that carried Milsco seats, sent him a picture of the old seat and asked if he could suggest the closest thing to stock that Milsco makes.

His reply was that the SB180 was going to be the closest to stock in fit and appearance, and that while it probably would not be quite as generously padded as stock, it would be closer than the chinese cheapies...like the Black Talon.

I asked about the SB200, and he said that it was basically padded the same as the XB180, just a little differently shaped (it's higher backed, and apparently a little longer in the pan). Both of these have formed vinyl covers, similar to stock. He mentioned that there was a "cut and sew" version of the SB200, the CS200.

I ended up going with the CS200. The cut and sew option kind of gives the seat a more automotive feel than molded vinyl, but I'm dubious as to how well it's going to hold up. Ostensibly, the cover looks like it can be replaced, but I haven't researched whether you can buy just the cover itself.

The seat has two holes that line up with the stock bracket. After a trial mounting with the hinge pin in the same position (middle) as the old seat and a test sit, the first impression was that it sat too high. I also noticed that with the seat rails slid all the way back, the seat sat up on the sheet metal behind the seat, instead of on the rubber bumpers.

The solution was pretty simple; just redrill the bracket and catch the next two holes back, which moved the seat forward just enough to keep it off the sheet metal with the seat slid all the way back. I'm still going to mess with the height and lower it some more, but for now it's bush hogging time in the Ozarks!

FYI, in looking at the dimensions for the XB180 vs the XB/CS200, I see that the pan is 1 3/8" longer on the XB/CS200, which leads me to ASSUME that the XB180 would probably bolt right on, but YMMV.

Price on the CS200 was $174 w/free shipping. If anyone wants the sellers contact, PM me.

View attachment 829325View attachment 829326View attachment 829328

Looks great. Good job.