Price Check need to sell rear finish mower

/ need to sell rear finish mower #1  

Jerome

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L245dt
I have a 60" case rear finishing mower that I want to sell I am asking $950.00 for it. I am in Ontario Canada. is that pricing good? I don't want to give it away but I don't want it to be too high either. It is in good condition and cuts really well I have change some of the wheels and bearings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 140
   / need to sell rear finish mower #2  
US Dollar to Canadian dollar is only about 3 cents, so if the $950 is in Canadian dollars, the US equivalent would only be about 3% less....

Getting the conversion out of the way, I think you'll have a hard time getting your asking price. I'd say $500-$600 (USD) would be about right. That's in the mid-Atlantic area of the Eastern US. Prices in Ontario might be higher (as they are in the New England area of the US).

/ need to sell rear finish mower
checking the used tractor sites rfm's seem to be going $1000.00 and up 500 0r 600 seems kind of low. and this is a brand name.

/ need to sell rear finish mower #4  
Just sold my knock-off KK for $790. It was virtually brand new.

That is part of the problem. For well under a $1000, there are many offerings from off shore sources. For $1400, a brand new KK can be purchased.
That is your competition. I'm agreeing with Roy. Start at $800 and see if the market can bear it. Probably have to settle for a lower offer. That's my best guess.

/ need to sell rear finish mower #5  
It never hurts to post it at your price...you can always lower that price if you get little or no responses.
Never know...someone might bite...

If the tractor sites you looked at were dealers...well, it's unlikely a private seller would get the same amount.

/ need to sell rear finish mower #6  
To give you a idea on pricing, we sell this used Woods RM 59 for $595 and it is ready to go to work. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• woodsrm-59finishmowerback595.JPG
    woodsrm-59finishmowerback595.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 189
  • woodsrm-59finishmowerfront595.JPG
    woodsrm-59finishmowerfront595.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 198
   / need to sell rear finish mower #7  
I think you are asking way too much. I will only buy used if I can get it for 1/2 price. I sold a 6' and a 5' KK that were only a few years old each. I got $450 for the 5' and $550 for the 6'.

I think $600 is fair for that unit.

Chris

/ need to sell rear finish mower #9  
i sold a 1 year old 60'' rd frontier mower in like new condition for a man just yesterday for 750 dollars this mower had only been use three times

/ need to sell rear finish mower #10  
I sold a 5' Land Pride 4 years ago for $500. It was 14 years old but was in good condition and looked better than Ken's Wood's mower that he sold. It's still going strong. Excellent unit.