Net wrap?

/ Net wrap? #1  

tow653

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29,Ford Jubilee
There was a pipeline added to existing right of way. Upon completion they are seedng and strawing,using net wrapped straw,loaded directly in straw spreader. I am surprised they are chopping up all that net wrap and throwing on ground.

/ Net wrap? #3  
Hate to think what edible / bio degradable net wrap costs considering what a roll of conventional net costs today, but then it's a government entity so cost isn't an object as they aren't spending their money, they are spending yours.

/ Net wrap?
It's Phillips, not government.

/ Net wrap? #5  
My cousin who has a huge cattle operation in the Black Hills uses it. Saves them money. They analyze everything. It worked out to be cost effective for them. Ymmv

/ Net wrap? #6  
There was a pipeline added to existing right of way. Upon completion they are seedng and strawing,using net wrapped straw,loaded directly in straw spreader. I am surprised they are chopping up all that net wrap and throwing on ground.
I have to say, I've never see a straw chopper for covering seeded areas that used round bales, only small squares.

/ Net wrap? #7  
never used round bales or netting, but always interested in following: so how do commercial & private livestock operations currently dispose of netting & polyethylene twine? any of it recyclable? clueless as always, regards

/ Net wrap? #8  
At my place it goes in the fire pit along with the plastic feedbags. I pay for private trash hauling by the bag OR I could make the almost 100 mile round trip to the nearest landfill since closed the one in town 20 years ago.

/ Net wrap? #9  
In my experience, netting and twine are cut off manually when deployed into a field or feeder. It then needs to be disposed of in a landfill (or melted, but that is probably illegal).

/ Net wrap? #10  
The netting used nowadays with roll sod breaks down under just sunlight. So, if that's the type of wrap, I wouldn't hesitate to blow straw on utility easement with it.