Net wrap?

/ Net wrap? #11  
Depending on what they used, it may be biodegradable and/or edible.

I have to say, I've never see a straw chopper for covering seeded areas that used round bales, only small squares.
This one can handle two 6x6 rolls at once, and blows upto 100 ft.
Screenshot_20230714_161727_Chrome.jpg

/ Net wrap? #12  
i know nothing about subject, slowly learning. so regardless if some netting/twine can break down w/uv, are there also microplastics released in that "natural" process into livestock or watershed? at this point don't think there's evidence ingested microplastics in humans is harmful, just asking questions, not a comment. regards

/ Net wrap? #13  
Personally try to not leave any netting or twine where the cattle can ingest it. Plastics can definitely cause problem and even the biodegradable is not worth the risk to me.

Microplastics are going to become a major issue down the road IMHO, or at least will be presented as such in any case.

/ Net wrap? #15  
Netting is usually HDPE #2. Bale stretch wrap is LDPE #4. Both can be recycled if the area you live in has an established agricultural recycling outfit. In some areas it can be recycled but goes into burners that are used in concrete production. A lot of farms just pay to send it to the solid waste sites and it gets buried with the rest of the trash. Hopefully we get to a stage where the value of the product is worth providing true recycling again. We used to have that. That all went down the tube when the Chinese started their Green Dragon Program which stopped the export of recycled plastics in the U.S. and the EU to China. Reason? Due to what they claimed was too much dirt and contamination in the product they were importing from other countries.

/ Net wrap? #16  
In New Zealand the hydroseeders only use round bales. I have never seen squares, large or small used.