Neuton Mowers

/ Neuton Mowers #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Has anyone bought one of the little Neuton lawnmowers from Country Home Products? If so, what do you think of it? My wife thinks I ought to buy one, and of course, they're offering a 6 month money back trial period, but I really don't want to take advantage of that and have to send it back. I'm also concerned about it being so small (narrow cut) and just can't bring myself to spend that much money when the old gas mower is still working OK.

/ Neuton Mowers #2  
I bought one for my step daughter for her first house, and it sort of did OK for the first year and a half, then would only run 15 min or so, and then just died.

I was never real impressed and would not buy another.

I do have a DR PowerWagon that has worked very well for me and a stone mason friend also. I think the Newton is one of a growing number of products that they sell but do not design or build. Their own products are pretty good.

Rip

/ Neuton Mowers
Thanks, Rip. I had one of the DR trimmer/mowers on the farm and it was great, and I like the "idea" of a battery powered mower in town, but sure doubt it's worth it. They keep sending my literature in the mail on the Neuton mower, and yesterday sent a VCR tape, but I haven't looked at it yet.

/ Neuton Mowers #4  
Bird ... I know what you'd say about this mower, but people who say ya can't teach old dawgs new tricks have been yankin your chain!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and lastly, WHOA .. you see that 700 dollar chicken coop on that CountryHomeProducts page? Should hold not 1 but TWO hens! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I like to steer cleer of these outfits!