Neutral Safety Switch

/ Neutral Safety Switch #11  
solakian said:
the switch I have was wired into the high current side of the starter circuit.
Well, that's just wrong. And stupid too.

/ Neutral Safety Switch
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I erred in the original post, the thread was a 3/4-16 (not a 3/4-14 as I stated). The suggestion made, that a Massey Furgeson 135 had a similar switch was right on. In my travels, I drove by a Massey dealer. I pulled in, had them look up the switch, they had it in stock, and it was just what I needed. The terminals were made for bullet not spade connectors, but that was a minor problem easily overcome.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #13  
When you say the high current side of the starter circuit do you mean the large diameter wire that comes from the battery? If so that is wild to switch that amount of current. Very poor design when you can switch the low amp circuit to the solenoid.

/ Neutral Safety Switch #14  
My Massey ferguson 1440 Neutral Safety switch is acting up too. Does anyone have schematics or sound advice on getting access to it to fix or replace? I am snowed in and can't get it to a dealer so I need to be "creative"

/ Neutral Safety Switch #15  
My Massey ferguson 1440 Neutral Safety switch is acting up too. Does anyone have schematics or sound advice on getting access to it to fix or replace? I am snowed in and can't get it to a dealer so I need to be "creative"

MF parts catalogs are online for free, sign in as a guest.

AGCO Parts Books

/ Neutral Safety Switch #16  
If it's like the switch on my MF135 diesel, just jumper it until you can get a replacement. Be sure the tranny's in neutral before you start the engine.

Good luck