never give up

/ never give up #1  

woodmills1

Gold Member
Tractor
kioti LK3054
three times in the last two days while i tried to make my wood access better, i put my 3054 to the test. could she get out, up the hill through the turn, with my large loads on the trailer? when she lost traction she never quit. dig back to korea she would. of course at this angle i had loaded the trailer to negative tounge weight. a little more dozer work and she made it just fine, loaded i add. at RPM 2000-3000 she purrs. bad shot of tractor and my 80 year old dad who helped all day.

James "woody" Mills

Attachments

• 42-94505-dad.jpg
    42-94505-dad.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 231
   / never give up #2  
Would that be a picker on the trailer,if so how do you like it.

I do hear you about fathers,just hope I have the same get up and go when I reach 71.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ never give up
thomas, yes the metavic trailer has a grapple on it. that is why i bought the kioti, as payeur distributors in sherbrook assembles and sells the package of loader trailer and woods ready lk3054. the tractor is 30 hp with skid plates, hydraulic oil cooler, fops, and side sheilding. here is a shot with some nice standing dead firewood loaded. i feel lucky that my dad can drive here to NH from the family home in northwest jersey, still cow country, and then put in quality work time as he nears the 80 mark. well said that i wish i can feel that good then

James "woody" Mills

Attachments

• 42-94537-firewood.jpg
    42-94537-firewood.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 235
   / never give up #4  
OOOhh I want one...now thats the cat meow.
Is there a website which gives different sizes.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ never give up #5  
Nice set up, Jim. Wish I had a trailer like that back when I lived in the Michigan woods.

Paul

/ never give up
yes very sweet package here is the company. http://www.payeur.com/
and here is another shot of it in action

James "woody" Mills

Attachments

• 42-94731-loader.jpg
    42-94731-loader.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 210
   / never give up #7  
woody, what do you do with the wood? that is a nice rig. would you get better traction if you put fluid in the rears?

/ never give up
i have a woodmizer and cut for customers, and myself if i need. i started with firewood 12 years ago and bought the mill in 96. goin full time in 2003. i just put chains on today and traction is much improved, fluid is my next consideration. the kioti is very good she doesn't give up even when over loaded.