Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #11  
This always happens when the half-wits in Washington start talking "gun control".

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #12  
Ad on Medina gazette .223 rounds 1500 rds for 1350.00

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #13  
This always happens when the half-wits in Washington start talking "gun control".

Yep, they always approach it like trying to fill a tractor with hydraulic oil....through the dip-stick hole!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #14  
2 weeks ago wal-mart actually had a TON of 40cal now they have NOTHING but a few small/$$ boxes of shotgun shells.

EVERYTHING is gone, and Wal-Mart is NOT restocking at this time.

I've seen .223 going for 75 Cents to 85 cents on the auction sites online when buying 1000 rounds!
CRAZY! 2 months ago <32 cents. I`m sure the ammo companies, and retailers made out nicely this time around.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #15  
No .22 ammo here, except a few boxes of .22 shotshells, you know rat shot... Hasn't been a .22 around here for a month. Not much else either, still some of the odd gauges of shotshells, like 16 and a few 20. 12 gauge is kinda scarce. I suspected .223 ammo would go quick, but the dang .22LR rim-fire was a surprise. I have asked the wally world and bass pro guys, and they say the truck comes every evening, but there is seldom anything on it, and when there is, it is just a box or 2, not bricks, or cases. Maybe it will get better..:confused3:

James K0UA

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #16  
I would imagine that the run on .22LR is partly because almost everyone has some variety of .22 firearm, and partly because speculators are picking it up for investment. I've got around 1200 rounds, mostly from getting a brick when Bi-Mart had it on sale. Haven't checked availability lately, primarily because I don't intend on buying any at these inflated prices.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #17  
no ammo shortage of any kind up here as far as I know. no big demand for it either . I have this 4-5 yrs old half full box of 22lr , will likely last me a couple more years.

I have a hard time relating to some talks on here_ its a cultural thing I guess...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #18  
Back ordered .223 the earliest will be August of 13 from MidwayUSA, Back ordered 30 Carbine may see them next month. Bought all of 22lr from local hardware/lumber yard.

idaho2

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #19  

The way you describe it, it's a recurring event. Maybe the "half-wits" are the buyers who panic.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #20  
When to my local gunshop this morning to pickup some 22 lr. ammo to do some shooting when the grandsons come down next weekend.Low and behold they will only sell 100 rounds per customer because supply is so low.Never thought I would see the day this would happen.coobie

Friend of mine has a gun shop with that same limit. He would let me buy as much as I wanted,But he wants $10.00 for 100 rounds which I thought was high.He wouldn't give me a break on price so, I only bought 200. What did you have to give for 100 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.