Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #271  
I believe if a man likes to shoot, the air rifle is the future.

I responded to a want add recently for a discontinued RCBS 150 gr SP 30 cal mold.

I ended up selling the fellow my mold and asked what he was going to use it for.

Below is his reply.

"This bullet is the very best in air guns out to 300 yards in most pcp air guns will shot 1/2 minuet groups 10 shots off a bench at all ranges out to 300 with a velocity of 750-1000 fps on air .No powder primer or case. I believe with the prices going up this will be the next cheap way for the shooting public to shoot and hunt. I harvested a 31.250 inch mule deer this year with a RCBS 30 150 fp with an air gun shooting at 950 fps deer went 20 yds. And fell over dead perfect hart shot at 102 yds.
David "

-- J

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #272  
I believe if a man likes to shoot, the air rifle is the future.

I responded to a want add recently for a discontinued RCBS 150 gr SP 30 cal mold.

I ended up selling the fellow my mold and asked what he was going to use it for.

Below is his reply.

"This bullet is the very best in air guns out to 300 yards in most pcp air guns will shot 1/2 minuet groups 10 shots off a bench at all ranges out to 300 with a velocity of 750-1000 fps on air .No powder primer or case. I believe with the prices going up this will be the next cheap way for the shooting public to shoot and hunt. I harvested a 31.250 inch mule deer this year with a RCBS 30 150 fp with an air gun shooting at 950 fps deer went 20 yds. And fell over dead perfect hart shot at 102 yds.
David "

-- J

HUH? what, that's rediculous

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #273  
Well, i was just into my favorite store to see if they have received the Springfield XD(S) ive been waiting for in yet....still nope. mind you he said 2 came in last friday...and were sold within 1 hour. he did tell me that his shipments have been coming in more regularly and he expects some more in soon. apparently there very popular carry guns.

As to todays ammo, he told me that his supplier didnt see any shipments of 22LR in the near future. they told him it will be quite some time before the manufacturers start popping them out. He did get in a large shipment of .45, .357 .38 and.40 and had crates of it.

No 9mm or .22lr though. Just a few weeks ago he had crates of 5,500 rounds stock piled in the corner. well i have more than enough to last for a few seasons. He thought the run on them was cause everyone is stockpiling the larger rounds for Zombies and using the .22 for plinking and target practice.

Oh well. I didnt purchase anything today..and not planning on buying anything else cept for the XD(S) if it ever comes in.

There must be billions of rounds of .22 sitting in peoples closets and safes right now. Pretty funny. who'd a thought. I never gave the .22 a second thought before. never really liked any rimfired rounds cause i think there just dangerous to have clanging around in a can (which is how there sold in bulk here).

Well when the snow clears im setting up a new gun range in a shallow area out back. Drawing up plans for a nice place with a cabana/sun break lunch area. its actually the wifes idea. she's gotten to really enjoy target shooting.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #275  
The .30 caliber air gun thing!!! There is no way im going to shoot a whitetail with anything air powered esp in 30 caliber. I have seen whitetails that I have shot through both lungs go on to run well over a 100 yards before falling. I cant imagine shooting them with a 30 caliber round that's not even going 1000fps? I shoot a .30 06 that I think is approaching 2800fps. Good luck shooting one at 150 yards with that air gun!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #276  
The .30 caliber air gun thing!!! There is no way im going to shoot a whitetail with anything air powered esp in 30 caliber. I have seen whitetails that I have shot through both lungs go on to run well over a 100 yards before falling. I cant imagine shooting them with a 30 caliber round that's not even going 1000fps? I shoot a .30 06 that I think is approaching 2800fps. Good luck shooting one at 150 yards with that air gun!

We used to shoot does on the farm with .22 shorts and they only go around 1000 fps at best !

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #277  
Search for big bore air guns, I saw one that was 454 and put down a buffalo. It was amazing.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #278  

Here's a link to the air gun used by Lewis and Clark on thier famous expidition.

"It fired a .46 caliber ball[2] at a velocity similar to that of a modern .45 ACP "

Girandoni Air Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Video of that rifle, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI

Look up some of the videos of large bore air guns on youtube. Kinda interesting.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #279  
NONONO...SHHHHuuuusssshHHH...SHUT-IE about the "air" guns! If the gubberment hears about this they will legislate restrictions on "air", then the ensuing panic and hoarding of "air" will leave none for the rest of us.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #280  
Yup just saw that did you notice they used plain old everyday white folks holding guns nothing fishy about that.

yeah.. i DID notice that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.