New 148 Pics and a Video Link.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link.
I am not trying to argue either I do not know your background. My trailer is not overloaded. If you think that it is than I was right you do not understand. Every vehicle built has a weight rating tag that is affixed to the frame of a trailer and inside the door jam of the truck. The GVWR of my trailer is 25,980 lbs according to the tag. I am not from TX I am from TN working in TX. I have crossed the scales in every state from ohio to NM and been pulled over and released on two seperate instances. I would think the DOT would not let me go if I was overloaded.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #22  
As long as he is under his axle and tire limits, he should be fine. And if he has been pulled and crossed the scales, I think the DOT would be checking that.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #23  
My trailer has 2 7k axles and the GVWR of my tarler is 15,680 lbs.
2 10k axles means that the axle weight cannot exceed that.It has nothing to do with cargo weight.
With tongue weight distrubution then he can exceed that.

CBturf do you have a CDL?

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link.
Yes I have a class A with air brake exemption. I really do know what I am talking about! I get a weight ticket first thing every time I load up because the machine is twice the size of the truck and every DOT officer cannot help themselves when they see me rolling down the interstate.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #25  
Nice work.

I have to ask a stupid question though. Why does everyone in TX want to keep cutting down all the trees? I know there are a lot of reasons but it just seems like a lot of TX is turning into desert especially without the water it needs. We had to cut down a lot of wood land up here but I am a firm believer in replace what one takes{renewable source}. I also believe the wood lands help keep the area cooler and cleaner. For the good folks of TX please don't take my question as being negative, I'm just trying to understand.

Cedars spread like crazy
Suck lots of water
Kill anything below them
Nothing can grow (too much shade)

My place was allowed to get over grown over the last 20 years (before I bought it).

The tress we kept will grow better and work better for our needs.

Lack of proper manage is the sum of it.

D.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #26  
Yes I have a class A with air brake exemption. I really do know what I am talking about! I get a weight ticket first thing every time I load up because the machine is twice the size of the truck and every DOT officer cannot help themselves when they see me rolling down the interstate.

Thanks for the info.
I need to be able to haul over 26k and I do not want to step up into a med duty truck.I prefer to stay in a 450/550 chassis.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #27  
I have a class A CDL as well. I was not trying to be a smart&^%. I have a 20 k gooseneck as well and pull it with my duramax dually. I carry my t 150 with fecon on it and it weighs 16500 and is pushing the trailor. I am just surprised he can pull it off is all. I trust you are a man of your word and it can be done. Fl dot is a pain and they hold you to the letter of the written law, no freebies. We use our Semi to pull the rest of our equipment. Try pulling a Jarraff into the weigh station with the overhanging boom!!!!!!!!! what a nightmare.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #28  
That is a nice looking 148 I went back to Ohio and demoed one it was really nice just a little more then we wanted to spend. I like the sheetmetal better onthe 140 the 148 seams like the sheetmetal could be thicker. I was really impressed with how it mows. I have a 140 adn also a Timbco 425 with a fecon head it is the ultimate mowing machine 260 hp 60 gpm at 4500 psi and 60,000 lbs cant pull it with a pu though.

Attachments

• timbco.jpg
    timbco.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 209
   / New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #29  
I have a class A CDL as well. I was not trying to be a smart&^%. I have a 20 k gooseneck as well and pull it with my duramax dually. I carry my t 150 with fecon on it and it weighs 16500 and is pushing the trailor. I am just surprised he can pull it off is all. I trust you are a man of your word and it can be done. Fl dot is a pain and they hold you to the letter of the written law, no freebies. We use our Semi to pull the rest of our equipment. Try pulling a Jarraff into the weigh station with the overhanging boom!!!!!!!!! what a nightmare.

He has driven the new one and the older one to my place. His setup seems to work well.

D.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #30  
That is a nice looking 148 I went back to Ohio and demoed one it was really nice just a little more then we wanted to spend. I like the sheetmetal better onthe 140 the 148 seams like the sheetmetal could be thicker. I was really impressed with how it mows. I have a 140 adn also a Timbco 425 with a fecon head it is the ultimate mowing machine 260 hp 60 gpm at 4500 psi and 60,000 lbs cant pull it with a pu though.

I have to that I think Mark has a huge advantage on many others because he can haul it with a "normal" truck. It makes him more competitive bid wise on smaller to mid size jobs like mine. Transport fees on a larger job might be a rounding error. In my case it made the difference in him getting the job or not.

D.