New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!!

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!!
As far as I know it will be Dealers Only! HomeDepot and Lowes Never carry the higher Quality Units! Their type customer is normally in the Lower end product. Home Depot and Lowes like the Higher HP and Larger Mower decks But Low end , Lower Quailty Units for Price Points.

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! #43  
I think the 2011 Cub looks nearly identical to the current 2500 series lineup. Other than the colors and the deck. I cant really see that much of a difference. I wonder if the brush guard on the front will be an option.

Michael

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! #44  
Have these machines hit the dealers floors yet??

No, I would guess they should be available in Early Spring??

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! #47  
It's good to see that they addressed the steering and possibly the deck. Those are the only real faults with my 2544. I've already broke the steering once and it's getting sloppy again. The cut with the 44 is pretty bad as well. Other than that it's a work horse and I much prefer the older metal style hood over the newer models.

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! #48  
..The cut with the 44 is pretty bad as well.

No kiddin'?? My 2544 left a beautiful cut for me. In fact, it seemed to look better than the cut from the fabricated 44" on my Z-Force.

/ New 2011 Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! #49  
I've gotta side with Morkai. I've never been impressed with the cut of my 2544. It's not BAD, but it's not great, either. My neighbor's Ferris 1500Z cuts far better and at twice the speed. I mowed with it over the summer while they were on vacation and went through grass 7 to 8 inches high at least taking it down to maybe 4" and the speed at which the deck could process that much very thick, very green grass was amazing.

On the contrary, my 2544 would have went through it OK, but left a lot more clumping and left a lot of it uncut and merely bent over. I do think the Ferris has even higher tip speed than the 2544, though. Between the Kawi engine wound up and the deck, you start to look for where the B-29 is...:D

My theory (after pulling the Ferris apart to sharpen his blades) is the 2544 deck has the blades mounted up too high inside the deck. If the grass is tall, it is still bent over by the front of the deck by the time the blade gets to it. The Ferris has the blade even with the bottom of the front lip and there are actually adjustable baffles at the front of the deck to control the grass intake.

I would bet that spacing the 2544 blades down 1/4" or so would make a big difference in cut quality. Otherwise, I see no reason it can't cut well - it's a deep, well baffled deck.

New 2011

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 1,731