New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch #21  
I think it's more about what YOUR 3 point is rated for than what the hitch is rated for...

The hitch on my FX90 is VERY HD, and I don't worry about the hitch one bit, but seeing as the winch fits a jillion different tractors, big and small, that's what it will be about.

I've pulled some really heavy loads with my FX90 hitch, all without any problems...

SR

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch
I think it's more about what YOUR 3 point is rated for than what the hitch is rated for...

The hitch on my FX90 is VERY HD, and I don't worry about the hitch one bit, but seeing as the winch fits a jillion different tractors, big and small, that's what it will be about.

I've pulled some really heavy loads with my FX90 hitch, all without any problems...

SR

I don't own anything heavy enough with a trailer coupler that I need to worry about, at least not yet!:)

My three point has a 6100 lb lift capacity and even with the skidding winch weighing 900 lbs I don't see towing anything too large.

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch #23  
I did further research, and Home Depot sells the model # 8386, heavy duty 1500 TA industrial strength unit for $790. Link: Polar Trailer Carts & Wheelbarrows 22 cu. ft. TA 1500 Tandem Trailer 8386 Internet # 202326937
I can't yet discern what the difference is with the Lowe's model #8262 for $680?! The listing shows it is 22cu feet capacity too?
For the wicked high $ for the red ATV cart you linked too, unless you need electric/hydraulic dump feature, I'd save the extra $ and get one of the poly carts.

I did further research, and Home Depot sells the model # 8386, heavy duty 1500 TA industrial strength unit for $790. Link: Polar Trailer Carts & Wheelbarrows 22 cu. ft. TA 1500 Tandem Trailer 8386 Internet # 202326937
I can't yet discern what the difference is with the Lowe's model #8262 for $680?! The listing shows it is 22cu feet capacity too?
For the wicked high $ for the red ATV cart you linked too, unless you need electric/hydraulic dump feature, I'd save the extra $ and get one of the poly carts.

I went with this one. It was $200 more than the poly one from Home Depot but getting the sides for Home Depot one only made it a $50 difference in price. Getting a 2" coupler for either was a wash.

The racks on the one I'm getting are much more substantial and should work out better for attaching things to. Plus it's red and matches the winch!

image.jpg

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch #25  

Fleet Farm sells the 8233, which also says it's rated for 1500 lbs and 22 cubic feet. But it has only one rear axle.

It's only $398.99 for apparently the same capabilities?

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch #26  
I went with this one. It was $200 more than the poly one from Home Depot but getting the sides for Home Depot one only made it a $50 difference in price. Getting a 2" coupler for either was a wash.

The racks on the one I'm getting are much more substantial and should work out better for attaching things to. Plus it's red and matches the winch!

View attachment 422154

Wow, nice! Where did you get that one? Link please and final pricing to your door, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks,

CM

The winch hitch does need a drop hitch, something like this:

image.jpg

I did tow my utility trailer and that sits almost level when the winch is on the ground.

I potted up 75 bare root seedlings for later planting to off set the ones I cut down. ��

image.jpg

/ New 2015 Wallenstein FX140 skidding winch #29  
You harvested what you cut down? So now you're reforesting the plot? How many years 'till next crop is ready?
Where is that drop hitch from?
Where in heck is 315ver, NY?

You harvested what you cut down? So now you're reforesting the plot? How many years 'till next crop is ready?
Where is that drop hitch from?
Where in heck is 315ver, NY?

Most of what I cut is firewood and from clearing out areas around the house, my pole barn site and along the miles of ditches on my property.

I try and plant two trees for every one I cut down. Anything I plant probably won't be ready for harvest in my life time, unless I make it to 100. I planted 200 Norway Spruce last year. I ordered 100 this year and potted up 75 for later planting and the other 25 are replacing some that didn't make it from last year. They will go in the ground today.

I live between Rochester and Syracuse.

The hitch is from eBay but I'm sure you could pick it up at other places.

10" Adjustable Drop Trailer Hitch Ball Mount for 2" Receiver Truck ATV's RV's HD | eBay