New 2025R owners opinions

/ New 2025R owners opinions #11  
My first is a 2032r, a couple of years ago. I bush hog most of my property (woody 10 acres or so, flat). I thought abought getting a center mower deck, but that would be a very slow task. Someday I might get a ZTR, which would be very fast.

But I like the 2032r - good machine, once all the kinks were worked out.

/ New 2025R owners opinions #12  
Keep in mind that any tractor under PTO load and with extra weight will perform differently than a tractor with nothing on it. This is really evident on a SCUT. Everything I have read now (over the past few days) does not say that they redesigned anything in the power category. My 2305 will fly around and climb just about anything until I put a MMM on and engage the PTO. It really changes when I put the FEL and backhoe on. My little girl will whine like nobody's business when I load her down and take her up my side hill. She makes it but it is definitely more of a struggle than when she is stripped of attachments. If you can afford it, go ahead and get the 2038. I have never heard someone complain about buying too much tractor other than complaining about the cost. I have heard a lot of people complain about buying too little tractor for numerous reasons. I find myself in the latter category. If I had it all to do over, I would have bought a 3 Series and spent the cost for the MMM on a zero turn instead. I think you should go with the 2038 if you thought your friend's machine struggled...everything changes when you add weight and a load on the PTO. Just my $.02...

/ New 2025R owners opinions
Im pretty sure I am going with the 2038. On a side note, dealer is saying not to get the 72 mmm and get the 60 due to scalping. Now to me it seems if your scalp wheels are properly adjusted you may get a few highs and lows in rough ground but nothing obnoxious. Im really wanting the 72 to try and keep my mowing time down. I have the Z950R 60 zero turn now and it will be hard pressed to out perform it but with the extra 12 inches I gain an entire lap every 5 th round vs the Z. My yard is wide open 3.5 acres with 2 trees. Im not seeing the 60 for the 2038 or is it just me?

/ New 2025R owners opinions #14  
As you know any deck can cause scalp issues on rough terrain and the wider it gets the more chance the middle can scalp if it doesn't have a middle roller. That being said, as far as I know neither the new 72D or 60D auto connect decks have a middle roller. I'm not positive because I'm going off memory from looking at the tractors months ago. If neither one of them have it, they both will perform about the same as far as scalping goes but the 72 might scalp a little more than the 60 in some spots just because of the extra cross length of deck between the side anti-scalp wheels. I'm not sure it will be that much more noticeable but that depends on how bad the terrain is. Basically, I'd get the 72D and if it scalps a spot just make sure you avoid scalping it the next time you mow. I think you will have no problem figuring out how the deck rides and which spots to be careful around once you use it a few times. I mean who of us (including you) doesn't know their land like the back of their hand after a few trips over it with a mower?

/ New 2025R owners opinions #15  
I would want the 72 MMM. If it was too rough for a MMM then I would get an RFM. I've been mowing several rough acres with a 60 RFM for 13 years. From my perspective the rear tires mash down the grass in front of the RFM and compromise the cut. I yearn for a better look with a MMM. If it's about reducing mowing time isn't the 2038 capable of an 84 RFM? If your not buying a bigger mower than a 60 why buy any more tractor than a 1025? It seems like a lot to spend if you aren't going to shorten your mowing time.

I'm a long way from getting a new tractor or mower. I find myself contemplating a similar set of questions every time I fantasize about a new tractor. I'm really curious about the gearing on the 2025. Years ago I shied away from the 2320 because of the same concerns.

Good luck.

Well, 2038, fel, 72 in. mmm, rear wheel spacers and rear fender extensions it is. Hope to have it by next weekend pending the add ons getting here on time. I spent 3 hours at the dealer and we kept going back on forth on the mmm, by the time I was through the dealer said Id convinced him the 72 was probably fine, lol. Thanks guys for your input.

Last edited:
   / New 2025R owners opinions #17  
Congratz man!!!! I think you will be happy overall with the choice. It should compliment your current herd nicely.

Last edited:
   / New 2025R owners opinions #18  
Top work KYthunder! That puppy should dominate your hill mowing for sure. One thing I have noticed about mmms on cuts. The side to side mounts are only as the tractors frame, just over a foot or so. When you get to mowing side hill, the deck will over power the mounts and lean down hill. If the deck is set up with the gauge wheels 1/4 to a 1/2 off of level ground, then there will be a one inch cut height difference in your side hill passes. The narrower decks in the series reduce this phenomenon, as well as running the deck fully on the gauge wheels. You might also find that rear wheel spacers and the 60" deck won't work together.

/ New 2025R owners opinions #19  
I also pulled the trigger on a similar setup, should get it Saturday.

I think you made the right choice on the deck size. My previous tractor was 2320 with 62D, and it worked very well. Unless you have really uneven ground (I don't), your better to get the wider deck. If you get a narrow unit, and you need to mow around, say a tree, you now need to get the whole tractor very close to the obstacle. This slows you down, and makes it harder to mow. Unless you have a specific need for narrower deck, I don't know why a lot guys push them. Just my 1.5 cents.

Finally got it home Tuesday evening, defeated the rio and seat so it was user friendly. The 72 deck was a smart move, I see no real difference in scalping, just use your noggin on bad spots. It also eats the hill and I dare say with less damage than the 1025. Have done some tweeking to the deck (it was a little off for my liking) next mow should be even better. It is a beast for sure and at my limit for size on your lawn, definitely better be dry. Thanks for your guys suggestions, WE did good!