New 231S?

/ New 231S? #1  

pricer

I am thinking of replacing my well used MF 235 with a new 231S from a local dealer here in SC? I am looking for advice on how these tractors compare performance-wise and if there are other makes and models I should consider. I was quoted a price of 12,900 for the 231s and would like to stay in that range. Anyone have any expereince with the 231S. Any advice or info is appreciated! Thanks!

/ New 231S? #2  
Pricer, I bought a new 231S last summer - have got about 80 hours on it. It is a good basic tractor, no serious problems. It does have a little high pitched vibration when doing heavy disking or plowing. The dealer used it and said it was considered normal "resident vibration" by Massey. I have heard something similar in other tractors. It has a lot of power for a tractor its size, the hydraulics are strong, good turning radius and it's a pretty comfortable tractor. I would have preferred the exhaust out the bottom but that's something I can change later.

I paid $12,300. for mine in Alabama with no sales tax. I can give you the name of the dealer if you e-mail me. GOOD LUCK. TBone