New 2520 Owner - thank you!

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #12  
Welcome and congrats...and pics are required. :thumbsup:

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #13  
Congrats on the 2520!! I love mine as well. A great little tractor that has made so many chores easier and more fun!!

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #14  
Just saw one on craigs list. A 2520 with loader and back hoe. Less than one hundred hours. The ad said it was thirty grand new ..... was asking 21k. Never priced a 2520 but can't believe they would be that high.
No doubt a nice compact machine. Enjoy.

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you!
Thanks again all, still waiting for delivery, I guess the 46 backhoe is what's holding things up. I'll post pictures when it gets here!

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #16  
356Guy when it does arrive one minor thing to take a peak at is the gas tank cover. A lot of owners have had found that the cover is not centered in the hood opening. Some on the lots are so close that at some point the hood catches the tank cover when closing the hood, and bending the edges of the hood "hole". Minor to be sure, but if it's the case maybe the dealer can fix that before delivery. You can search and find many posts on here about that minor irritation.

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you!
As promised, here is a pic, my new 2520 was delivered today! What a terrific machine!
I disconnected the 46 backhoe, threw on the iMatch hitch and loaded up the rotary cutter and tried it out. I have a lot to learn, I adjusted the back wheel to cut at 6" (wanted it high while I practice) and adjusted the top link to set the front deck height, noted that after a while the deck was tilting to one side, as I did not tighten the lock nut on the side of the hitch...
IMG_1671.jpg

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #19  
As promised, here is a pic, my new 2520 was delivered today! What a terrific machine!
I disconnected the 46 backhoe, threw on the iMatch hitch and loaded up the rotary cutter and tried it out. I have a lot to learn, I adjusted the back wheel to cut at 6" (wanted it high while I practice) and adjusted the top link to set the front deck height,

Congrats! Great looking equipment!

noted that after a while the deck was tilting to one side, as I did not tighten the lock nut on the side of the hitch...

The EXACT same thing happened to me on my new 2720. Only, mine had the iMatch on it when I got it, and I didn't think about needing to tighten it. It's good and tight now, though!

/ New 2520 Owner - thank you! #20  
Congrats on your new purchase. In my mind the "overkill" factor is not so much related to how much land you may have, but rather to what tasks you may have for the machine. I have less land, but , have never for a moment regretted purchasing a 3320 - sometimes even a 4x20 would have been nice. One of my most used attachments is a set of forks. They are my second / third set of hands and allow me to accomplish many tasks (alone) that might be difficult or impossible even with several helpers.

Enjoy your new JD. Many times it will allow you to work from the head up, rather than the shoulders down - and that alone can be well worth the price of admission.