New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #11  
ducati996 said:
Moot point your right- he is buying green and it was a joke ;)

Really though... why not? When you can buy a really nice Kubota seat for $25 is certianly worth a shot.

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #12  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Really though... why not? When you can buy a really nice Kubota seat for $25 is certianly worth a shot.

are they the recalled ones? :D :D why so inexpensive? The arm rests have a place however

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #13  
Chris2520 said:
I am 258 and i could not flaten it out. and yes it does lean foward.;)
not like a junky old bota seat....:D but it does lean a little.
cut the whole very top ring off to the first joint. and you will think you got
a different tractor....;) I love it. alot more comfortable.

Chris...:)
Well I tried your seat mod today Chris.

Didn't have a chance to put any hours on, but it does feel much more comfortable in my test sit - I can actually feel that I am all the way back in the seat now.
Boy, those little rubber bumbers are sure tough stuff - now wonder they won't compress even with our weight on them!

Thanks for sharing -

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #14  
prosperity said:
Well I tried your seat mod today Chris.

Didn't have a chance to put any hours on, but it does feel much more comfortable in my test sit - I can actually feel that I am all the way back in the seat now.
Boy, those little rubber bumbers are sure tough stuff - now wonder they won't compress even with our weight on them!

Thanks for sharing -

If i tell you a rooster dips snuff , Look under his wing for the box...:D
I would not steer you wrong. I think you going to like it alot.
it is a great fix , specialy for the larger fellas....;) much more comfortable i think.

Chris......:)

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #15  
I think John Deere uses this as a selling point to get folks into larger tractors. Three years ago I went to my friend the dealer looking SPECIFICALLY at a 4115, the predecessor to the 2520. I drove it around, tested the loader and really did not like the seat. My "buddy" (the dealer) said to try a 4310, which among other things had a better seat. I bought it, and have been buying, selling and re-buying tractors that are too large for my current needs ever since. At least they do have a better seat, and now I have the air ride seat, which is EVEN BETTER..... Boy if they would put those on the 2000 series, they would add even more customers.

John M

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #16  
I have the seat and suspension from a JD 595 sitting in my garage, but it looked kinda complicated to make it fir the 2520.

It sure worked SLICK on the 2210. :cool:

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #17  
jcmseven said:
I think John Deere uses this as a selling point to get folks into larger tractors. Three years ago I went to my friend the dealer looking SPECIFICALLY at a 4115, the predecessor to the 2520. I drove it around, tested the loader and really did not like the seat. My "buddy" (the dealer) said to try a 4310, which among other things had a better seat. I bought it, and have been buying, selling and re-buying tractors that are too large for my current needs ever since. At least they do have a better seat, and now I have the air ride seat, which is EVEN BETTER..... Boy if they would put those on the 2000 series, they would add even more customers.

John M

John , here is my problem with the 3000 seris seat. the stock suspention seat. for me is crap. as strange as it sounds , for me the 2000 seat once i did my fix is more comfortable. let me explain why. I am a big dude almost 260. and when i get on a 3000 and drive it over bumps. it bounces to high heck all over the place. and sometime bottoms out . even just going over the curb at JD place.:( now . i can crank up the springs with the little knob. But dag.
even at 6.2 i could bearly reach the peddles. unless i pull the seat up til the steering wheel is in my chest. :( it raises you up to high. is the air seat not do this?. thats what i was going to get if i bought a 3720. but then again as you know i ant to worried about it. you know i will tare the seat apart and rebuild it. to be the way i want it anyway:D . unless the air seat is the ticket..;)

Chris....:)

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #18  
My 595 seat was the same way, it raised you up too **** high. It was sooo cushy though with the springs and me weighing 170lbs. :cool:

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #19  
Cutting that seat bumper REALLY helped alot! :cool:

/ New 2520 - This tractor needs a good seat #20  
Deadman said:
Cutting that seat bumper REALLY helped alot! :cool:

I told you it would......;)
I need to go to work for John Deere. I would
get them stratened out....:D

Chris.......:)