New 2565 Major Problem!

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #11  
Surely, manufacturers read these sites and comments, don't they? You would think they would have jumped on it early on to keep a lid on things before it came to the end that it did with a swap to Kubota. Everyone has things go wrong; it's what you do afterwards that counts.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #12  
I seriously doubt that could happen on mine. The engine oil filter is so well protected where it is, it's a PITA to change. About the only thing a stick could get to on mine is the first fuel filter and if that went, the tractor would just quit running and it would dump a ever how much fuel was in the tank on the ground. The hydraulic filter is buried in the BH subframe so it's pretty well protected too. Maybe instead of griping about my filters being so hard to service all the time I should start thanking Mahindra for putting them out of harm's way. The front drive shaft is even inside of a protective sleeve.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #13  
My Workmaster 50 is fairly well protected. The drive shaft is the lowest point on the belly and it is protected also with a cover. Still yet stuff can happen. Brush hogging small saplings offers the greatest opportunity for debris causing damage underneath. I make sure to go in the same direction but that is still not fool proof. Tractors that do nothing but brush hog are caged and shielded. I guess you could do it to a compact or utility tractor but it would take some time, engineering, and fab skills.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #14  
My Workmaster 50 is fairly well protected. The drive shaft is the lowest point on the belly and it is protected also with a cover. Still yet stuff can happen. Brush hogging small saplings offers the greatest opportunity for debris causing damage underneath. I make sure to go in the same direction but that is still not fool proof. Lots of protection on tractors that do nothing but brush hog.

If I were doing something like that, I'd install a belly pan/ skid plate for sure.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #15  
I seriously doubt that could happen on mine. The engine oil filter is so well protected where it is, it's a PITA to change. About the only thing a stick could get to on mine is the first fuel filter and if that went, the tractor would just quit running and it would dump a ever how much fuel was in the tank on the ground. The hydraulic filter is buried in the BH subframe so it's pretty well protected too. Maybe instead of griping about my filters being so hard to service all the time I should start thanking Mahindra for putting them out of harm's way. The front drive shaft is even inside of a protective sleeve.

and the front steering linkages are high and on the backside of the axle.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #17  
Not to be too harsh, but you saw the oil leak, ignored the oil pressure light, and ran the tractor. I'd imagine the conversation with the Mahindra rep is going to be a short one once that's out there.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #18  
I could see it as a insurance item if he had Mahindra insurance on the loan. But I don't see how it could be a warranty thing. There was nothing defective to fix before the oil filter was dislodged. You never know, though...

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #19  
I could see it as a insurance item if he had Mahindra insurance on the loan. But I don't see how it could be a warranty thing. There was nothing defective to fix before the oil filter was dislodged. You never know, though...

If it were me, I don't think I'd even ask. After seeing the oil light and then the oil on the ground and if I still tried to start it, I'd be planning on rebuilding or buying a new engine out of my own pocket. Engines just don't run for long without lubricating oil. Never mind the filter being exposed, you just don't try to run any engine with no oil. When you see an oil light immediately shut the engine down and hope it's not already too late.

/ New 2565 Major Problem! #20  
Most automobile manufacturers now have automatic shut down if the oil level is too low. This feature has been on cars for some time. Makes you wonder why tractor manufacturers don't do the same. Perhaps some do? Seems to me that the expense is not that great. I would assume that that the number of engines seizing due to low oil is probably less than 1/10 of 1 percent. Perhaps that's why? I know that I have never had a low oil pressure light go off and if it did I would shut her down on the spot. My low priced generator has that shut down feature. Expense can't be the driver here.