New 2638

/ New 2638 #31  
Dick, are you having issues with support/warranty?

Totally agree with you about documentation. Can't understand how an international corporation can put out poorly written marketing or support documents.
No thanks to my great dealer but the documentation is pure crap. I think everyone is well aware of this so they should get to work on it.

/ New 2638 #32  
The local Mahindra dealer called this morning to let me know they just received the 2638. I was surprised because they have so many 2538's in stock.

I was able to test drive the 2638 and it is very nice. As you already know it is mostly the same as the 2538 but the new seat , although a little tight, is a huge upgrade. The new FEL position is not only easier to reach but seems to be easier to operate for fine adjustment. The cup holder is a was. I don't see anything staying in there for long unless you are parked and forget about putting a phone or other electronics in the holder unless you want to shred it.

Hope others who already have the 2638 will share there experience.

/ New 2638 #33  
I'm strongly leaning towards a 2638. Just now read this post. One thing I didn't like was the brake pedals seemed high. Maybe that's what people are saying about too close but it feels like I have to lift my knee up around my ear to get on the pedal!😀

/ New 2638 #34  
I'm strongly leaning towards a 2638. Just now read this post. One thing I didn't like was the brake pedals seemed high. Maybe that's what people are saying about too close but it feels like I have to lift my knee up around my ear to get on the pedal!��

Glad you mentioned that. I noticed that myself this morning. The seat on the 2638 is very comfortable but would be better if it could go back a few inches. Don't think the pedals would be an issue if the seat had a little more room. 2638 seems like a nice tractor but after getting the quote from the dealer I think the 2538 may be a better deal.

/ New 2638 #36  
I did a brief test drive of a 2638 HST open platform today and I felt quite crowded. I am only 5'9" tall and with the seat all the way back, everything was too close. My wife is 5'4" tall and with the seat all the way back things were even a little close for her. Any word on a fix for this? Dealer quoted price out the door without any negotiation was $21,800 (no sales tax).

Jeff

/ New 2638 #37  
What implements are included in that price?

/ New 2638 #38  
I did a brief test drive of a 2638 HST open platform today and I felt quite crowded. I am only 5'9" tall and with the seat all the way back, everything was too close. My wife is 5'4" tall and with the seat all the way back things were even a little close for her. Any word on a fix for this? Dealer quoted price out the door without any negotiation was $21,800 (no sales tax).

Jeff

Had to move my seat up and back 2 inches with angle iron framing. Dealer has had to do everyone with the new style seat in every model

/ New 2638 #39  
Price quoted of $21,800 included the tractor and loader.

Jeff

/ New 2638 #40  
I sat in one yesterday and my knees were hitting my chest. My dealer said Mahindra was going to have to address the problem.