New 2810 question

/ New 2810 question #1  

wvrider

Woohoo! Got the new Branson Thursday night just before the ice storm Friday morning. I did pla.....er....work on it for an hour Thursday night clearing my driveway of the prior weeks 15 inches of snow and then for another hour today. Wow, what a tractor can do! My question concerns the fel speed. Before buying the Branson I had tried several competitors like Kubota, Kioti, JD. I didnt notice a huge difference in fel speed except on the Kubota which was nice and fast. After using it some my tractor does seem rather sluggish as far as fel raise and lower speed (running about 2000-2200 rpm).....normal? breakin? what say you Branson owners? I didnt time it but can if that would help....

Phil

/ New 2810 question #2  
wvrider....sure beats shoveling it off by hand, doesn't it? Anyway, to your question.....are you familiar with the hydraulic stop/slow return valve? It is the knob that is dead center under your seat. If you turn all the way to the right, the hydraulic pressure is stopped. Turn to left...open up...speed up. The valve is used to regulate the lowering speed of the unit. You might try playing with that. Congrats on the new Branson. You will love it.

sassafras

happy plowing

/ New 2810 question
Just about ANYTHING would beat shoveling 500 foot of country drive by hand. We had two snowfalls last weekend and I shoveled both by hand (the tractor was delayed). The last bit of snow and ice from the last storm was left on the drive as I was just tuckered out by then. The tractor took it off in half an hour /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif . That did leave some nasty ice though and thats what I get to work on today. I will check the speed control you are talking about. I thought that just regulated the 3 point valve /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ....
thanks,
Phil

/ New 2810 question #4  
Congratulations on your new purchase. I've used faster hydraulics before and think that the upward speed (lack of) is beneficial for finer finish grading, above full floating features. The downward fel speed needs to be increased in my opinion, the engine shouldn't be taxed to lower the fel. Then again, its rare that I operate at fixed rpm speeds, except bh, posi-traction and independent rear brake steering. So, my fel speeds would be slower, generally than the quoted spec's/rpm. Franz

/ New 2810 question #5  
good morning. I hear what you are saying about the ice under the snow...we have the same conditions here. As for that valve, I honestly haven't tried it yet...I just assumed it worked on the entire system and have read others talking about it. You may have to use that fel to do any damage to that ice...my back blade was too light to get at it but the bucket has some weight. I have a new front blade toy...which has good weight and can bust up the crud some. I haven't got much experience with the fel....only learned a few weeks ago to throw the joystick all the way forward to get it to float. That will make your bucket drop in a hurry. The more we play, er I mean work, the better we get at fine tuning these techniques. Good luck tackling that ice today.

sassafraspete

happy plowing

/ New 2810 question
Pete, I checked the valve. It does only control the 3 pt valve. I think what I was doing was pushing the fel control all the way to float. Doing this on my tractor makes the fel drop very slowly to the ground. If I push forward but not to float it goes down much swifter. anyway, I attempted to scrape the ice with my rear blade (a 7foot Leinbach) and the loader with minimal damage to the ice (and none to the tractor)....oh well, warmer days must come sooner or later..

Phil

/ New 2810 question #7  
Call your dealer regarding opening up the orifice on the valve. Some of them were sized a bit small and the loader drops too slowly. It's an easy fix. If your delear hasn't yet run across this yet, he can call Branson service or call me and I'll tell him the fix.

/ New 2810 question #8  
Dave is correct about the orafaces. These were installed to help some of the owners let down a heavy load slowly. Your dealer should have an "adjustible" valve that can be mounted on the loader. This will enable you to either open it up for light work or pinch it off for the heavy lifting.(or rather easing down a heavy load)

/ New 2810 question #9  
I have used the 3 point valve and I am almost positive it regulates the whole system. There is only one hydraulic pump which powers both systems. I have noticed a significant difference in the fel after adjusting the valve. Interestingly, my problem with the fel is that is has been too fast much of the time. Perhaps this problem is in the joystick/fel control valves. I do have the old joystick system, which perhaps complicates this whole story. I will be getting the upgrade fairly soon, so it will be interesting to see. Dave--what you sayeth?