3-Point Hitch New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up
Whelp, I was trying to adjust the bar beneath the clutch and it broke off on the short piece up toward the pedal. Both the nuts on each side were loosened but the center part wouldn't budge apparently.

I will say that the filter didn't look as if it'd been out and was rather cruddy. The fluid has some black stuff that settled out in the bottom. There was also tiny bits of rtv and what appeared to be some very fine metal shavings. All the gears I could see looked great. I took pics and will upload them in a few.

I will say that the filter didn't look as if it'd been out and was rather cruddy. The fluid has some black stuff that settled out in the bottom. There was also tiny bits of rtv and what appeared to be some very fine metal shavings. All the gears I could see looked great. I took pics and will upload them in a few.

Ordered new parts from Hoye and some oil filters while I was at it. They should be here Saturday.

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #34  
Yes, about 3/4" to 1"

I did the fluid change and still have the sound so I'm assuming it's an adjustment need

or bearing going out maybe

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #35  
I personally would pour diesel fuel through that transmission letting it all run out till the "gunk or crud" stops running out. a gallon maybe more?

/ New 3110d owner - whining noise from transmission, 3 point not staying up #36  
Yes, about 3/4" to 1"

I did the fluid change and still have the sound so I'm assuming it's an adjustment need

With ANY pedal clearance there would be no movement in Throw-out bearing with pedal fully up, so no noise there. You originally stated oil was clean and almost clear, so trans should be clean, but still suspect a bearing.

Last edited:
I'll run this for about 10 hours and then just replace that fluid and do the flush. It'll let me know too if that was all old stuff or ongoing.

With ANY pedal clearance there would be no movement in Throw-out bearing with pedal fully up, so no noise there. You originally stated oil was clean and almost clear, so trans should be clean, but still suspect a bearing.

Thanks. So proper adjustment on the clutch is no movement before resistance, or to have some movement as I did? I'll have the new arm hopefully Saturday.

Last edited:
Fellow tiger fan I see :) I was like is this guy filming me? Your related videos I have done the top two that showed up there. Hahaha

To me it doesn't sound that bad. But I don't have anything to compare it to as I don't have a PS a D haven't driven one. But I they JD 855 (yanmar painted green) i have driven it seems to have that much or more wine in it.

I am! We are looking forward to the start of the season and some great football! I almost got a Kubota just so I could put a big white paw on it.

Here are the photos of the filter and inside the housing and of the clutch adjustment

Amazon Drive

Last edited: