New 40hp tractor

/ New 40hp tractor #1  

diggerd

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 4,75
I think I'm buying a new 40hp ish tractor. I've never owned something like this. It gonna be used to maintain my property and to move manure around.

Some of my questions are

1 I'd like to run hyd to the front for a grapple bucket. What is the best wat to do it. The WR LOng kit or to run the lines to the rear remotes?

2 How many remotes should I get?

3 What mower? Mid mount, flail,bush hog or finish?

/ New 40hp tractor #2  
What dealers are in a 50 miles of you?

/ New 40hp tractor #3  
I think I'm buying a new 40hp ish tractor. I've never owned something like this. It gonna be used to maintain my property and to move manure around.

Some of my questions are

1 I'd like to run hyd to the front for a grapple bucket. What is the best wat to do it. The WR LOng kit or to run the lines to the rear remotes?

2 How many remotes should I get?

3 What mower? Mid mount, flail,bush hog or finish?

Maybe you should just buy mine, it would save you a ton over a new one. Plus, it already has the 3rd function valve, 4 rear remotes, plus top n tilt. :)

/ New 40hp tractor
I have a Mahindra dealer 1 mile from my house. The have always treated me well with saw and Exmark stuff. No complaints. I have heard mixed reviews about the mahindras. Kubot Kioti Bobcat and Deere are all close by

/ New 40hp tractor #5  
I have a Mahindra dealer 1 mile from my house. The have always treated me well with saw and Exmark stuff. No complaints. I have heard mixed reviews about the mahindras. Kubot Kioti Bobcat and Deere are all close by

Then pick your size and start getting some seat time. First, What are you planning to do with it? The Dk-40 is a nice machine.

/ New 40hp tractor
Just mowing a combo of grass and field. Not more than 3-4 acres. Moving manure doing some small landscape type work etc. Basically just maintaing a small farm. I'd like one with emough lift height and capacity to load a small six wheel dump and move a full pallet of wood pellets.

/ New 40hp tractor #7  
Just mowing a combo of grass and field. Not more than 3-4 acres. Moving manure doing some small landscape type work etc. Basically just maintaing a small farm. I'd like one with emough lift height and capacity to load a small six wheel dump and move a full pallet of wood pellets.

You need a pretty good size tractor to lift a full (1 ton) pallet of anything. I am not sure just what size of tractor that will take but I don't thing a cut will do it you might need to get into a utility tractor, but I am sure someone else will chime in on this.

/ New 40hp tractor #8  
You need a pretty good size tractor to lift a full (1 ton) pallet of anything. I am not sure just what size of tractor that will take but I don't thing a cut will do it you might need to get into a utility tractor, but I am sure someone else will chime in on this.

He needs a Kioti DK-40, A full 2700lbs of lift off.

/ New 40hp tractor #9  

Any of the Kioti DK's will lift a ton on a pallet. I bag my firewood on a pallet and stack them two high. A bag holds almost a face cord and when they're wet (green wood), a pallet would be around 2000#, maybe a little more. A DK will lift 2700# to full height, but on a pallet, I wouldn't expect more than 2000# past 6'. Then again, I'm not sure how much higher I'd want to lift that much weight anyway.

LS is just behind on FEL lift cap and should be able to do it. Starting with the Grand L4240 it may be close, but they don't match that lift cap. either. I don't think the 300CX loader (I think that's the model) from Deere comes close, but it's been a while since I went shopping, I could be wrong. Mahindra usually has a loader that is very close one way or another to Kioti, but when I was shopping, there was no Mahindra dealers around. Even though Bobcat is a white Kioti, the loaders are different and not as powerful as the Kioti's.

/ New 40hp tractor #10  
LS is just behind on FEL lift cap and should be able to do it.

True. In fact, the website specs are wrong, on the low side...they say 2,500lbs to max height (at the pins), but the loader manual shows 2,640lbs.

To be fair, the LS loader doesn't go as high as the Kioti. Loading my neighbor's 6-wheel dump truck is right on the edge of its lift height. It's one of only two things I'd change on the machine...not a deal-breaker, but something worth noting.

Since this is in the NH section, if the OP looks at a NH Boomer 40/50 (made by LS) they have a different loader than the LS versions (much like the Bobcat/Kioti deal), that has a lower max weight lift rating, but higher lift height.