Comparison new 4520 price difference

/ new 4520 price difference #1  

rollbar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 4520 jd
I have a 2005 jd 4520 cut w/600 hrs r-4 tires cx loader powerreverser. thinking about trading it i n for a identical new one. dealer priced a new one for about 32,000.00 said he'd
give 18,000 trade-in for mine. sounds too far apart . saw some used identical tractors on tractorhouse.com for around 24,500-25,600.00 . i'd like to trade for about 7000.00. anybody think this a feasable or am i thinking too low? thanks for any input

/ new 4520 price difference #2  
The numbers sound far apart to me too. That said I am curious what you are trying to gain by trading? You are just getting to where the depreciation is over and holding the tractor for several more years will be an advantage for you.

/ new 4520 price difference #3  
I'd say too far apart also. Even if prevention of paying as much in taxes is part of the equation. Now if that price was for a cabbed model.......

/ new 4520 price difference #4  
The numbers look about right to me. You are paying retail price and he is giving you wholesale price and that is how it always works. You could do a little better (probably half way between wholesale and retail) by selling your tractor yourself. That would get your difference down a little or a good ammount depending on the sales tax (if any) that you are paying on the new one. $32,000 dont sound bad for the new one. There is definitely less hassle with the trade (no worry about new owner bothering you over problems etc), and that is also worth something. The used tractorhouse prices are also retail. You might get lucky and find a buyer who will pay you retail price for your used tractor but there are not many who will do that rather than get it for the same price from a dealer who is set up to provide service after the sale.

/ new 4520 price difference #5  
$18,000 foe your trade sounds like a fair deal to me.your tractor lost 20% of it value as soon as you loaded it on the trailer.now your dealer might can get $22,000 for it.personally id keep it an not trade.