Buying Advice New 5010?

/ New 5010? #1  

hookdrvr

Tractor
5300 JD 4wd FEL
I'm looking at buying a new Mahindra after the first of the year. Has anyone bought the 5010 FEL? Thoughts? Concerns? This is about the size tractor I'm interested in and I'm looking for any advice. Thanks.

/ New 5010? #2  
I purchased a new 5010 Mahindra about 4 months ago with 4 wheel drive and loader and I have to say so far it has been a good tractor. I've used it for all sorts of things and even pulled around a nearly 4000lb mower conditioner to cut hay and it never choked even pulling it up steep hills. The only problem I did have which was minor was that if I did a lot of bush hogging in tall weeds that little pieces of stuff flow in and against the radiator and cause it to over heat. You have to keep an eye on the heat hand if you're cutting a lot but the place I purchased it from told me about that beforehand. As long as you keep the front of the radiator clean its been a very good quality tractor. If you don't mow for hours on end or in tall stuff you should have any problems. Plus the lift weight for the bucket and 3 point hitch is more than any other tractor in its class. The 5yr warranty is also better than anyone else. My advise is go for it, you won't be disappointed.

/ New 5010? #3  
Did either of you get/look at the Cab model, or is this the model without Cab? Just wondering what your pricing was on these. I was looking at a cab model.

thx

/ New 5010? #4  
Our local dealer didn't have but one of the 5010's and its not one with the cab. Which really I'm not 2 concerned about a cab. But as for price, its 4 wheel drive with the manual transmission instead of the hydrostatic which I read considerably lowers the HP. It said that on a the 50hp tractor the hydro tranny one only pumps out 36pto horsepower....the manual pushes right at 50 at the pto. We also got the front end loader which all the hook UPS and everything else rose the price but all together it was a little over 30,000. Not really a bad deal because I looked at john deere's and some fords around the same size and the lift for loader and 3pt hitch was less and not as many options and they cost a bit more. The tractor is very roomy with big floor pans and tilt steering and adjustable seat and very comfortable 2 ride all day long......I wasn't sure at first about a foreign tractor but so far its been a good choice. Oh and the loader will use any kind of bobcat type attachment.....

/ New 5010? #5  
just an opinion but try pricing the 5530
not as fancy but may be able to get a bit cheaper

/ New 5010?
I've been in touch with two of my local Mahindra dealers. For a 5010 without a cab, gear trans and FEL, $21,900. I was told thats a sale price from the normal $25,900. Hope this helps out.

/ New 5010? #7  
My brother was given a price of around $26,800 for a 5010 Cab model with FEL. I was just trying to get a feel for that being a decent price.

There is also a 5530 on the lot EMB5530, and with FEL it is just a bit less, around $26,400 or so. How does that sound?

/ New 5010? #8  
That sounds about right $
Kinda makes me drool:drool:
Still waiten for mine:mad:

Patience young Danial Son
(Says Mr Miagee):D

/ New 5010? #9  
I honestly kind of favor the 5530 a bit more. Seems more made for some tough grunt work. Now the cab would come in handy on some of those hot 95ー+ days though. Ahhh, decisions.