New 5010

/ New 5010 #1  

DutchHenryBrown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010
Morning all, been around a while and after reading all the positive posts about the Mahindra unit went down yesterday and ordered mine!!!!! My old dealer that I bought my Montana from has just started carrying the Mahindra line on his lot. I went with the 5010HST FEL Cab and the factory is installing 2 extra rear auxiliary remote valves giving me a total of 3. I had TnT on my Montana but added a HD clyinder on my back blade so had to keep switching hoses around when I used it. Now I will be able to have all 3 functions and not have to leave the comfort of the HVAC cab to move stuff around.....Happy Days are here again!! Thanks to this site I am in PIG HEAVEN.

Be safe when your out and about. DHB:thumbsup:

/ New 5010 #2  
Is the dealer getting you your top and tilt for the 5010? A complete set, built with 3" dia cylinders, hoses with quick disconnects and hydraulic flow restrictors would run you $635 + shipping. Keep me in mind if you're in the market.

/ New 5010 #3  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ New 5010
Is the dealer getting you your top and tilt for the 5010? A complete set, built with 3" dia cylinders, hoses with quick disconnects and hydraulic flow restrictors would run you $635 + shipping. Keep me in mind if you're in the market.

Good afternoon Brian, I am keeping my old cylinders off my current tractor for the TnT set up and using the 3rd remote valve for the new cylinder you sent me a couple of weeks back for my back blade. I am already thinking about purchasing another cylinder from you for my rock rake. Having the cylinder on the blade has made all the differance in the world. Bill:thumbsup:

/ New 5010
enjoy your new tractor.

Thanks BB338, I tell you I wish it was already here it is going to be a very long 2 weeks. I figure with the Holiday week coming not much is going to get done on her.....so wait I will!! Take care. DHB

/ New 5010 #6  
i know what you mean waiting is to much strain ,when you want to enjoy your new tractor.

/ New 5010
Good morning all, well got a call from the dealer this AM and she is suppose to be in on Monday. I hope if all goes well I should have her by Wednesday after they do what they call the pre-check? Plus they are going to switch over my TnT HDC's from my trade so I do not have to. Looking forward to getting some seat time in her with the heater keeping me toasty warm. Weather finally turned a little colder so the cab and heat will be nice.

DHB:licking:

/ New 5010 #8  
Good morning all, well got a call from the dealer this AM and she is suppose to be in on Monday. I hope if all goes well I should have her by Wednesday after they do what they call the pre-check? Plus they are going to switch over my TnT HDC's from my trade so I do not have to. Looking forward to getting some seat time in her with the heater keeping me toasty warm. Weather finally turned a little colder so the cab and heat will be nice.

DHB:licking:

What tractor are you trading in? There is a good chance that your tilt cylinder will not work properly with your new tractor. :( This is not to say that it will not work, just may not be how it should be is all that I'm saying. ;)

Hope that all works out for you and be sure to post pics when you get it next week. :cool2:

/ New 5010
What tractor are you trading in? There is a good chance that your tilt cylinder will not work properly with your new tractor. :( This is not to say that it will not work, just may not be how it should be is all that I'm saying. ;)

Hope that all works out for you and be sure to post pics when you get it next week. :cool2:

Hi Brian, my old tractor was a Montana R3644HST the Mahindra is bigger all around but the dealer said the HD set up would switch over. He sold me the HDC so I hope he knows that they will work. What should I be looking for if there is a problem with the HDC on the new tractor slow/fast/or? At the time I bought the TnT HDC's I did not know about FitRite. Trust me if there is a problem you will be the one I contact about your TnT set up. Bill:thumbsup:

/ New 5010 #10  
Hi Brian, my old tractor was a Montana R3644HST the Mahindra is bigger all around but the dealer said the HD set up would switch over. He sold me the HDC so I hope he knows that they will work. What should I be looking for if there is a problem with the HDC on the new tractor slow/fast/or? At the time I bought the TnT HDC's I did not know about FitRite. Trust me if there is a problem you will be the one I contact about your TnT set up. Bill:thumbsup:

Bill, to start with, the top link will probably be fine. The cylinders may move a bit faster due to the larger pump capacity of the 5010. You can get some restrictor fittings from me if you want to slow that way down.

To check your side link though, have no implement hooked to the 3pt hitch and park on a relatively flat level surface.

Put the lower draft arms into the same pin hole in the lower clevis's.

Put the hydraulic side link at mid stroke.

With the hydraulic side link at mid stroke the draft arms should be very close to the same height. (within an inch or so) If they are this close, then you will be ok. The best thing to do is to install the OEM adjustable side link on the left side.

Once that is done then you can adjust the left side so that the lower draft arm matches the height of the right hand draft arm when it is at mid stroke.

You want to base everything off of the hydraulic side link being at mid stroke.That way you will have an equal amount of tilt to the left and right sides. If you cannot get the lift arms to match up when the hydraulic side link is at mid stroke, then the hydraulic link that you have will not work properly. The hydraulic side link really should be very close to what the fixed length side link is when it is at mid stroke.

From what I have seen, unequal tilt is a very common occurrence and most people don't seem to worry about it, but that does not make it right.

If you have any trouble, let me know, post some pictures, I will try to help you out. Actually I would like to see some pictures or your tractor and the "TnT" setup even if you do not have any problems or concerns.

I hope that it all works out for you, it sure would make things easier for you. ;)