New 65

/ New 65 #1  

GreenGuy23

Tractor
Mahindra 5035, 2x John Deere 210
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum as well as new to owning a Massey Ferguson. So far my little tractor rocks, but there are a couple of questions I have.

1. How can I tell if my oil pressure gage is broken, or if I am really not pumping oil. I can't hear any knocking sounds or ratteling. I drove it around yesterday (just getting from the dealer, I had to take and drive it around some) in High 3rd for quite a distance and it didn't freeze up on me so I think that is a good sign. :D

2. It turns out that my tractor is running hot as well. I am not used to dealing with tractor that has a radiator, I have a Deutz air cooled diesel and have not had to mess with them much (other than my truck). I notice that the radiator is full (it may need some flushing), but again I am just beginning and am not an expert. It seems to also like to leak antifreeze from the hose that would go into the thermostat, could it be that the thermostat is closed and wont open?

I had read elsewhere that running hot is a symptom of a blown head gasket. I don't have any water in my oil so I don't think that is the case (could be wrong, but I don't know.).

This tractor is just from the dealer. I bought it yesterday, I figured that I would have to do some work due to the age of the tractor. Any advice or pointers would be great!