New 8560&9960

/ New 8560&9960
Is that an 8560? I have been looking at one, just can't justify for our use. Nice machine!
Yeah 8560...
IMG-20130213-00165.jpg
I can't wait to put a few hours on it myself,he done good on it,really nice tractor can tell it has some weight to it.

Last edited:
   / New 8560&9960 #23  
I will have nothing to do with the 60 series due to the Tier IV nonsense. Do you really want to deal with the complexity and cost of the very expensive particulate filters?

I've recently bought two new tractors prior to this latest nonsense from the federales just in order to avoid it.

Something to think about.

SDT

/ New 8560&9960 #24  
I will have nothing to do with the 60 series due to the Tier IV nonsense. Do you really want to deal with the complexity and cost of the very expensive particulate filters?

I've recently bought two new tractors prior to this latest nonsense from the federales just in order to avoid it.

Something to think about.

SDT

The Mahindra 8560 has been in production for a while, so depending on when it was built, it may not have the Tier IV engine. i In brand new tractors built after a certain date, we won't have a choice I don't suppose. I bought a Kubota L5740 to avoid having to buy the new L60 Series with the brakes on the left, Tier IV etc. and in the Kubota prefer the M8540 over the new M8560, thankfully we bought ours a couple of years ago and will outlive me.

/ New 8560&9960 #25  
I read somewhere that any Kubota built after 01 January 2012 was Tier IV. Not sure if that applies to all brands but would assume so. Maybe someone can check my accuracy.

/ New 8560&9960 #26  
Well we went and picked the brothers new Mahindra todayView attachment 303104

Nice....how does he like it? I still haven't purchased yet but will be on my new property in 11 days. I am still checking out the 5083/93e. I talked with the mahindra dealer about the 8560. They actually have me interested in the mahindra 6010HST or the 6110 shuttle cab. They say they can pull a 15' batwing with no proplem and haul round bales no problem. My Case dealer also has a new discontinued farmall 95 he wants to sale me.......decisions decisions.

/ New 8560&9960 #27  
Nice....how does he like it? I still haven't purchased yet but will be on my new property in 11 days. I am still checking out the 5083/93e. I talked with the mahindra dealer about the 8560. They actually have me interested in the mahindra 6010HST or the 6110 shuttle cab. They say they can pull a 15' batwing with no proplem and haul round bales no problem. My Case dealer also has a new discontinued farmall 95 he wants to sale me.......decisions decisions.

I would lean towards the farmall 95 if it were up to me. Those are very good tractors! Not that the others aren't I just know more about the 95 then I do the rest.

/ New 8560&9960

I talked to him today and he has only done alittle loader work,cause the pastures are pretty wet. He is still very happy with his purchase...
We also went and looked at the JD5083 so he could see all the colors,got some number on it and finaced payments would have been 450mnth more,over the Mahindra..
It came down to the Kubota 8560,NewHolland powerstar 4.75 and the Mahindra,he drove,played around on each and well you see the outcome. Some of the reason not the Kubota was the emission stuff and I have kubota,the NH he said cab was cramped and it seemed to be a smaller tractor all together.

Last edited:
   / New 8560&9960
I like a person who thinks in terms of cattle, like MFWD will cost a few bred cows. When our grinder-mixer failed ad we found out it was a trashed gearbox, I went on the dealer's web site, identified the parts needed, and emailed him. I quickly got a return email with parts priced - 2 fed beef steers to pay for the trashed gearbox.

I tend to do that a lot before I buy something,humm! How many cows could I pick up instead of buying what I was interested in at the time...