Price Check New B26 tlb.

/ New B26 tlb.
I have a b26tlb w 4n1 and thumb and won't have any other tractor with out a 4n1, but for rocks I really like my grapple. The other thing I did was foam fill the tires witch is really helpful as it added 1200lbs+ and I never get flats. I just added a hydraulic top link and should have done it from the beginning.
This little tractor will work circles around even L series with a hoe added.

I was also wondering about the top and tilt kit, but it adds another 1,000 dollars. Is that the same as your hydraulic top link? Getting the tires filled might be an option at my 50 hour service after I see how east it climbs my steep hill with a load.

I have a B26 with hydraulic thumb and I wouldn't do without it. As for a 4n1 bucket, never used one but if the cost is $3000 difference over a HD FEL bucket, I would go with a separate grapple with rock rake especially if you will be working a lot of rocky soil. I think you would appreciate it more than a 4n1 to pick up rocks without getting a lot of dirt mixed in.
If you have hard soil, go with a 12" bucket rather than 18". The original owner of my B26 bought it with a 12 and 18" bucket and immediately cut the 18" down to an 8" for trenching. The B26 is heavy at 4000# but still not heavy enough to use an 18" bucket in heavy hard clay soil or hard rocky soil. An 18 or 24" bucket would be good for cleaning out ditches or mud banks but for serious digging in hard soils it just wont handle anything bigger than a 12". I like the 8" for trenching in water lines. An 8" ditch is wide enough for ones foot to fit into the ditch but not so wide that you cant just drive straight across it with the tractor when finished digging and there is not so much backfill to do. Also when backfilling, the front tires fit dandily into the trench for compacting.

I think I'm going to get both the 12 and 18 inch buckets with quick connect. Can you ever have enough choices? That's good advice about compacting.

MattRat, I'm a homeowner with a few mountain, rocky acres in Colorado. I think you are smart to go to a TLB instead of adding a backhoe to the 2650. Not that it wouldn't work, but the TLB is built specifically for the types of jobs you are describing. The L37 TLB also gets an awful lot of good reviews. You might look for a good used one of those. For an acre I personally wouldn't go larger than the L37, but either it or the B26 would fit. In fact, all of Kubota's TLBs are a fairly recent model line and uniformly get excellent reviews. Good machines. You'll appreciate yours whichever it turns out to be.

If I were optioning, I'd go with the 18" BH bucket for rocky soil and would even consider a smaller bucket before going larger.
Be SURE to get the quick attach option for the backhoe and also for the FEL.
On extras, you can often get them thrown into a deal....so deal for them. I sure wish I had a single tooth for stumps and just for generally scratching out trenches for water lines and such. It would be very handy. I keep meaning to get one. Get one of those if you can.
I bought a QA front rock bucket. Wise purchase. In fact, I bought two with different bottom spacing. They are just the thing for moving large amounts of bulky material because you can see through it. Also it is important in our ground to be able to sort rocks out of dirt and leaves the dirt behind. The rock bucket pays for itself in saving dirt...not to mention is saves and sorts rocks for other projects. The SSQA makes it a two minute job to switch FEL buckets.

The backhoe thumb is a wonderful thing. Having the thumb makes our TLB into a whole different machine. Be sure to get it. In fact, get it before anything else.
If I had to save money I'd forgo the 4n1 bucket in favor of the backhoe thumb. If you get the hydraulic power to the loader arms as an option (a good deal & sometimes standard equpt) then you can always add a grapple to work with both the rock bucket and your regular loader bucket in the future.
The backhoe bucket plus thumb will do most jobs that a grapple or 4n1 would do. Not as well, but reasonably. Get a nice 10' chain that is easy to handle and have hooks mounted on both the FEL bucket and the BH bucket.

I got the 3pt option kit, but have never used it. But I'm glad to have it.

I did NOT get the optional combination of wheel weight and 2" wider rear tire spacers. But the M59 is plenty heavy as it. For the B26/L37 I would consider that option. Don't load the tires until you see how it works on your land and slope without loading.
I built my own tool box, but did get the hood protector.
Lovely machines. Keep us posted. I always am interested to hear from someone else using a TLB in rocky ground. Lots to learn.
Luck, rScotty

You have a lot of great advice and clearly, lots of experience. I appreciate your input. I will definitely add the 10ft chain and weld some hooks on. I'll have to look up pictures of what other guys have done for that, but I love the idea.

I appreciate all the feedback and hope to lock this deal up Monday or Tuesday before the 0% goes away. I'll surely keep you posted and add some pics. I can't wait to join the club and with my new tractor and keep learning from you guys. Your advice is priceless and for that I thank you.

I'll see if I can get some pics from my first project to post. It shows a pretty good sample of my rock soil and my project acre.

Matt IMG_7577.JPGIMG_7606.JPGIMG_7578.JPGIMG_7571.JPGIMG_7583.JPG

/ New B26 tlb. #12  
Nice pics. A few rocks, but mostly dirt. Around here we would call that pretty good dirt.

Top and tilt is very nice....but it is a convenience; not a necessity. And it does require hydraulic ports. It's wise to check and see what kind of hydraulic ports your choice of tractor includes. Does it come with has rear hydraulic ports? Then consider adding the the optional rear remote hydraulic ports to the tractor. You can always add things later, but if you want to add any hydraulic ports then new is a good time to put them into the deal.

Kubota is famous for their "0%" financing. There has been a lot written about it. So you can search on this forum for many theads on the subject. In a nutshell, Kubota has had that program continuously for years....at least ten years that I know of personally. I have no inside knowledge on their financing, but I doubt that you need to worry about the 0% going away anytime soon. I would be more inclined to wonder about the motivation of a salesman who told me it might.

And particularly when buying a compact tractor - always take a look at the next size larger tractor in any series. In the TLB I believe it is the L37.
rScotty

/ New B26 tlb. #13  
MattRat, I'm a homeowner with a few mountain, rocky acres in Colorado. I think you are smart to go to a TLB instead of adding a backhoe to the 2650. Not that it wouldn't work, but the TLB is built specifically for the types of jobs you are describing. The L37 TLB also gets an awful lot of good reviews. You might look for a good used one of those. For an acre I personally wouldn't go larger than the L37, but either it or the B26 would fit. In fact, all of Kubota's TLBs are a fairly recent model line and uniformly get excellent reviews. Good machines. You'll appreciate yours whichever it turns out to be.

If I were optioning, I'd go with the 18" BH bucket for rocky soil and would even consider a smaller bucket before going larger.
Be SURE to get the quick attach option for the backhoe and also for the FEL.
On extras, you can often get them thrown into a deal....so deal for them. I sure wish I had a single tooth for stumps and just for generally scratching out trenches for water lines and such. It would be very handy. I keep meaning to get one. Get one of those if you can.
I bought a QA front rock bucket. Wise purchase. In fact, I bought two with different bottom spacing. They are just the thing for moving large amounts of bulky material because you can see through it. Also it is important in our ground to be able to sort rocks out of dirt and leaves the dirt behind. The rock bucket pays for itself in saving dirt...not to mention is saves and sorts rocks for other projects. The SSQA makes it a two minute job to switch FEL buckets.

The backhoe thumb is a wonderful thing. Having the thumb makes our TLB into a whole different machine. Be sure to get it. In fact, get it before anything else.
If I had to save money I'd forgo the 4n1 bucket in favor of the backhoe thumb. If you get the hydraulic power to the loader arms as an option (a good deal & sometimes standard equpt) then you can always add a grapple to work with both the rock bucket and your regular loader bucket in the future.
The backhoe bucket plus thumb will do most jobs that a grapple or 4n1 would do. Not as well, but reasonably. Get a nice 10' chain that is easy to handle and have hooks mounted on both the FEL bucket and the BH bucket.

I got the 3pt option kit, but have never used it. But I'm glad to have it.

I did NOT get the optional combination of wheel weight and 2" wider rear tire spacers. But the M59 is plenty heavy as it. For the B26/L37 I would consider that option. Don't load the tires until you see how it works on your land and slope without loading.
I built my own tool box, but did get the hood protector.
Lovely machines. Keep us posted. I always am interested to hear from someone else using a TLB in rocky ground. Lots to learn.
Luck, rScotty

The L39, not L37, though with late Tier 3 Emissions the L39 dropped to 37 Hp before it went out of production, or an L45 is one heck of a machine, if you can live with an L size tractor. I replaced my little old B7200 with another small machine, so I appreciate having a little machine. The L45 is HST plus and has a beefy front axle. The 10ft hoe is amazing. I've got wheel weighs/spacers on my L39, I need them, but that puts the weight just over 8,000 lbs. Get a study Wicked grapple and forget the 4 in 1 bucket.

With an excavator like in your Photo's, my L39 & Max 28, my Neighbor's CTL SV90 and L3901, and a fair share of implements, we are pretty lucky to have this equipment, as our 'hobby' farms are a lot of work.

/ New B26 tlb.
The L39, not L37, though with late Tier 3 Emissions the L39 dropped to 37 Hp before it went out of production, or an L45 is one heck of a machine, if you can live with an L size tractor. I replaced my little old B7200 with another small machine, so I appreciate having a little machine. The L45 is HST plus and has a beefy front axle. The 10ft hoe is amazing. I've got wheel weighs/spacers on my L39, I need them, but that puts the weight just over 8,000 lbs. Get a study Wicked grapple and forget the 4 in 1 bucket.

With an excavator like in your Photo's, my L39 & Max 28, my Neighbor's CTL SV90 and L3901, and a fair share of implements, we are pretty lucky to have this equipment, as our 'hobby' farms are a lot of work.

I went to the dealership and played with the new L47. I want that tractor bad, but it is just too big for my property. The B26 is the right size for me, and fully optioned out, it is still about 20k less than the L47 with some necessary extras. I have been considering the grapple. I had never used one, but the more videos I watch of it, the more uses I can imagine.
You guys have quite a fleet of machinery. Nothing like having a large box of tools to choose from!

/ New B26 tlb.
I have a b26tlb w 4n1 and thumb and won't have any other tractor with out a 4n1, but for rocks I really like my grapple. The other thing I did was foam fill the tires witch is really helpful as it added 1200lbs+ and I never get flats. I just added a hydraulic top link and should have done it from the beginning.
This little tractor will work circles around even L series with a hoe added.

I have been putting a lot of thought into this top and tilt they offer. It is actually 2k after they install the remotes as well, but I know I will be using the 3 point so I still think it might be worth it. Do you think your top kit is enough, or would you have added the side as well. Do you have a quick hitch on there? Pat's or a Land Pride?

Thanks,
Matt

/ New B26 tlb. #16  
In the 12 years I have had my L39 never once has the hoe been off. I have never ran 3 Pt or PTO, as I either borrowed the neighbors tractor, or used my little B7200.

I say buy a grapple, add a set of rear remotes if you want, definitely get front remote, not a diverter.

Now that I have the Max28 and it struggled a bit with 5' BH in the heavy stuff (I have a 4' HD Rotary Cutter now) 6' BB and 7' rake, but it is a Mighty Mouse of a tractor, and the TLB are not so good as Ag. Farm tractors anyway with their heavy weight and relatively small tires, low power etc.

Last edited:
   / New B26 tlb. #17  
I have been putting a lot of thought into this top and tilt they offer. It is actually 2k after they install the remotes as well, but I know I will be using the 3 point so I still think it might be worth it. Do you think your top kit is enough, or would you have added the side as well. Do you have a quick hitch on there? Pat's or a Land Pride?

Thanks,
Matt
I have a landpride quick hitch and I have never needed to adjust the side to side so top is fine for me have about $150 in cylinder and hoses as I already had one rear remote. Less than 10 min to switch between how and 3 point hitch and sometimes I change a few times a day

/ New B26 tlb. #18  
I agree with all the comments above and that the QA on the hoe is a must I have a 12", 18" and 30" that I built and it is great for backfill and grading. The 12" it ok but in have wet soil I spent more time cleaning it than using it.

I have a feeling the 12" will be the general Go To Bucket for most work with a B26 in virgin hard ground. I have only an 18" bucket on my L29 and a deep 24" bucket on the excavator and in hard ground they are a good general purpose buck. I wish I had a 12" for trenching. Even ballasted at 8,000 lbs., the hoe tosses my L39 around. L39 has a manual thumb, kind of a pain as a hydraulic would be nice, but I have the excavator, so I can't justify it.

Attachments

• L39_thumb&Rock#1_6-16-07.jpg
    L39_thumb&Rock#1_6-16-07.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 137