New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #1  

Clumber

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 HST Nov 2019
I recently started using my new B2601. The treadle pedal is very hard to press forward or reverse. Is there some adjustment to make this easier? My previous tractor was a Power Trac 425 that had a hair trigger treadle. This is going to be difficult to get used to.

Patrick

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #2  
Did you try lubing it?

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push
Not Yet, but will try to.

Thanks.

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #4  
Mine was the same when I first got it. It will eventually ease up...I looked for a pivot pin to grease or something but never found anything...I’ve had mine for about 8 months now...78 hrs. (To give you an estimate on how long it takes to ease up)

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #5  
Should be a grease fitting under the tractor to lube the pin that the treadle pivots on. Then I'd also suggest lubing any attached linkage with a spray lubricant (or paint it on with a brush). There are several linkages tied to that treadle that can get sticky, and there is also a damper (which controls/slows the treadle's return to center) that can get sticky. It should be very smooth and easy once it's all lubed.

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #6  
I recently started using my new B2601. The treadle pedal is very hard to press forward or reverse. Is there some adjustment to make this easier? My previous tractor was a Power Trac 425 that had a hair trigger treadle. This is going to be difficult to get used to.

Patrick

What? You moved from a PowerTrac to a Kubota?

Whisper: (Hope Mossroad does not see this post...:laughing: )

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #7  
Should be a grease fitting under the tractor to lube the pin that the treadle pivots on. Then I'd also suggest lubing any attached linkage with a spray lubricant (or paint it on with a brush). There are several linkages tied to that treadle that can get sticky, and there is also a damper (which controls/slows the treadle's return to center) that can get sticky. It should be very smooth and easy once it's all lubed.

The only grease zerk that I am aware of underneath a b2601 is for the brake pedal pivot point...it’s the only one outlined in the manual.

I was surprised by this when I had stiff pedal issues early on...something that is used as infrequently (at least for my use) as the brake gets a grease fitting, but the treadle is, pretty much, all linkage with no grease fittings...

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #8  
If the tractor is newer and under warranty, why no let the contend with fixing it?

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #9  
The only grease zerk that I am aware of underneath a b2601 is for the brake pedal pivot point...it’s the only one outlined in the manual

Understood... my 'mantra' (that I've stated many times here on TBN) is that if it moves but doesn't have a grease nipple (zerk) to spray lubricate it. Preferably a lanolin based lubricating spray.

On my 4105, the grease nipple for the FWD/REV pedals isn't listed in the Owner Manual. There are also a couple of nipples that are listed but no longer there. This is due to the OEM not updating the Owner Manual because of cost... in other words "You'll figure it out".

I'd also recommend going around the new tractor and tightening-up any bolt/nut that you can see.

/ New B2601 HSD - Trteadle is very hard to push #10  
Understood... my 'mantra' (that I've stated many times here on TBN) is that if it moves but doesn't have a grease nipple (zerk) to spray lubricate it. Preferably a lanolin based lubricating spray.

On my 4105, the grease nipple for the FWD/REV pedals isn't listed in the Owner Manual. There are also a couple of nipples that are listed but no longer there. This is due to the OEM not updating the Owner Manual because of cost... in other words "You'll figure it out".

I'd also recommend going around the new tractor and tightening-up any bolt/nut that you can see.

That’s nice!!! Obviously I need to crawl underneath AGAIN!! I say that my pedal “freed up”, but it might be that I am simply used to it now...I came from a JD lawnmower and the HST pedals were really smooth...

I’m not trying to Jack this thread, but do you have an example of Lanolin-based lubricant? As dusty/grimey as things could get, I wouldn’t want to spray something down there that’ll gum up and make problems worse...