Backhoe New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #1  

drussell

Tractor
2007 Grand L 4240 Cab LA854 FEL, 2008 ZD331 -72" deck, 2009 RTV 500, 2015 B2650 WITH LA534A Loader& BH77 Backhoe
A great unit BUT the reversible seat sits 3 inches higher than the stock seat when in the forward driving position. This creats an awkward and unsafe operating position. My dealer is looking into it. Any thoughts, comments, or ideas ??

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat
A great unit BUT the reversible seat sits 3 inches higher than the stock seat when in the forward driving position. This creats an awkward and unsafe operating position. My dealer is looking into it. Any thoughts, comments, or ideas ??

I should add that it is BH 77 Kubota backhoe with the subframe. When the seat is in the rear position it is 19 inches above the backhoe platform which appears to be a standard height. when the seat is in the forward position it is 22 inches above the tractor floorboards and I have difficulty reaching the pedals. I am 5 foot 10 inches tall and of the average build so I don't think I am the problem. Can anyone here tell me if this is a problem that is common to reversible seats or if it is a Kubota problem specific to the B 2650?
I just laid out nearly 35 grand on this unit and I'm not impressed that I can't reach the pedals going forward. if I pull the seat forward to make the pedals easier to reach the steering wheel is in my crotch due to the increased height of the seat. Can anybody that has experience running back hoes help me out. Thanking you in advance
Doc Russell ( Retired Horse Vet )

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #3  
Look for a T handle on the base of the seat on the back side of the seat. Unless the original seat was traded out for the backhoe specific seat. I believe that changes the height of the seat.

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat
Look for a T handle on the base of the seat on the back side of the seat. Unless the original seat was traded out for the backhoe specific seat. I believe that changes the height of the seat.
Thanks beckMurph, good catch but the original suspension apparatus with the T handle is sitting on my shop counter. they switch it out with a new apparatus which appears to be the problem. There does not appear to be anything on the new one to adjust the forward height,no tension adjustment and it appears to be considerably higher than the original.
Doc Russell

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #5  
Horse feathers:pullinghair:
Well, I was afraid of that. Someone had mentioned that their B2650 seat was not as comfortable after the backhoe installation.
My B2650 is at the dealer, having the bh77 installed. I had hoped that the seat would not be changed.
Thanks for the reply.

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #6  
It stands to reason that when a reversible seat is installed, the rotating mechanism would be taller... Good luck in finding a solution! If there is one...

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #7  
The reversible seat on my L45 is the same height,and comfortable,in either direction.

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #8  
I can only assume they've given you the wrong seat sub structure. On my B3300, the seat swivels and rises to be comfortable when using the backhoe. Flipping it back around forward, it comes back down again.

Thanks for all the replies guys , I do appreciate the information and help I'm getting from all of you.I drove this B 2650 at the dealership before the backhoe was installed and the seat suspension apparatus was changed and I was quite pleased with the original seat. I had no idea adding the backhoe was going to cause this problem
Beckmurph - if I understand your post you are having the BH 77 installed on your 2650 tractor as we speak..please keep posting and let me know if you have the same problem or if they have put a different suspension apparatus on yours.
Trihounds-- if I understand you correctly the seat height on your B 3300 stays at the same height relative to the operating platform whether in the backhoe position or the forward operating position.
This is encouraging as they are similar tractors and perhaps I have the wrong suspension apparatus on mine.
Thanks again. .. Doc Russell

/ New B2650 with loader backhoe dual rear remotes and third function. Problem with seat #10  
Hey drussell....I had a 2620 with the reversible seat and if memory serves, it was a bit higher than the stock seat but at 5' 8" I had no problem with the pedals. I think you are right that maybe the dealer installed the wrong seat mechanism. Good Luck with the new machine.