New B2710 Perfect Except...

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I put my first hour on my new B2710 tonight. It is perfect except the folding ROPS doesn't go into the garage when it’s up. It chips the bricks above the garage door and showers you with dust and chips. The seat belt works great, though.

Luckily, no major damage, just the chipped brick (hope the wife doesn’t notice, I'll blame it on the kids) and a spot on the ROPS, which I think, will wipe off with a damp cloth. Stopped us dead when we hit, good thing I was going slow (and the family was gone) and too bad I forgot to put the ROPS down. Bet I remember next time.

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #2  
Turfman
<font color=blue>and too bad I forgot to put the ROPS down. Bet I remember next time.</font color=blue>

Don’t count on remembering. I still get awful close to hitting the garage and other things with ROP’s. Last weekend I put my back blade under the lean-to. After the weight was taken off I forgot that the tractor had risen up about 1 1/2”. Tore a piece of trim off before I stopped. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif No major damage just nailed it back up.

I’m thinking about putting some thing on ROP’s that will make a noise when it gets close to some thing. Similar to the warning systems on back of cars. Looks like another tractor project. Anybody do a project like this?

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #3  
I wrap & strap one of the neighborhood cats around the top post of the ROPS....lets out one heck of a wail before I hit the ROPS and the cat fur does a nice job of protecting the ROPS and garage door from any scratches.

Just kidding, but it was the first idea that popped into my head. Perhaps we should find a solution that wouldn't offend all the cat lovers of this world.

Sorry...I've just had one of those days and nights and this sounded funny at the time. Hope it made some of you laugh.

Rick

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #4  
When I got my B2710, I found out that the ROPS was 1 1/2" taller than my B8200 the same way you did!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Just about took off the bottom panel to the metal garage door! Had to remove it to straighten it back out./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif At least I didn't have to buy a new one. Only did it once (once was enough!) Now I remember to push the door up that extra 2" when I come in or out!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #5  
I hung a tennis ball from the top of the garage opening. It hangs in front of my face to remind me to lower the ROPS on my L3010.

Pete

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #6  
I was having a tough time deciding whether or not I wanted the folding ROPs on my new 2910. I have 9' overhead doors on my shop, so that wasn't an issue. I finally decided to go fixed - as it is 78" tall. The folding model is 89" tall when up and 71" folded. I knew right away that I would have that sucker folded all the time with the very tall 89" height. Not too safe with the hills and slopes that I have. Now, I just need to trim all my trees up. Doh!

Jeff

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #7  
I have taken out my garage door with my L3410.... Twice! Doah!@#$%^

Always while backing in. The wife now reminds me every time I go to use the tractor...

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #8  
"The wife now reminds me every time I go to use the tractor... "

Man oh man, that would suck. You can't stifle that with anything she's done???? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #9  
Gosh, I never did anything like that. 'Course I did slightly bend the back edge of my canopy when I backed under a big limb, bent the left edge of it on a low overhang at the corner of the barn, and the right edge on another limb./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ New B2710 Perfect Except... #10  
Don't feel bad my second day out with my B-7500 I forgot to fold down the ROPS I hit the coil aluminum soffit quite hard, scuffed the soffit and the ROPS but luckily no major damage, the wife's evil eye was the worst part. Solved the problem by building a shed with 9 ft garage door. The only tractor owners who have not had a similar incident are those who will./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Be safe have fun and protect the garage.