New B3200 and B7100 owner

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner #1  

imajeepnut

Silver Member
I'm glad I found this site! I hope to enjoy everyone's company and passion for these tractors. I've always enjoyed Jeeps and have spent a good bit of time collecting them....old and new. Guess my name gives that away... lol And at 43, it's time to get involved with another type of 4wd!

I'm a first time Kubota buyer/owner. I've been researching them for almost a year now, and have made my decision. I'll be buying a B3200 w/FEL, BH, reverse tiller, box blade, post hole auger. I love the size and power of the 3200, and I can get in tight places with it. As a result of this site...I will give Barlows a call before buying.

I also want a B7100 HSD to keep for daily garden duties. I've found out that the B7100 has a live PTO which is nice. My problem is finding one with low hours that is in nice shape. I just missed a B7100 HSD with 70 hrs(thats right...70!), in showroom new condition, with tiller, blade, mower, plow....in my hometown.....all for $6500. I'm sick. I went to the new owner's house and drove it and drooled for a bit....but he doesn't want to sell...but now I know I want one like it. They are great little tractors!

I'm sure I will have questions along the way, so I wanted to say hey to everyone here and I look forward to being a part of the forum.

Jeff Cantrell
NE Georgia

P.S. Does anyone know where I might find a clean, low hour B7100 with HSD?

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner #2  
I guess congratulations on your almost going to be a Kubota owner. I'll recommend you go ahead and pull the trigger on the B3200 and then decide if you want 2 B's. Does look like you missed a good local deal. When you actually get the B you may decide your additional or extra Kubota should be a BX or L.
North east Ga, near Helen?

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner #3  
Welcome to the forum.

You'll love the 3200. It a great size. In fact I was at Barlow last week - they had three on the lot. Two were already sold - its going to be a popular model.

As for the B7100 - look on Craigslist.com - I just did and in my area found two. If you are going to do any loader work however you will want power steering.

1980 KUBOTA B7100 4x4 3 PT HITCH

Kubota B7100 4x4 tractor w/ loader & backhoe

Good Luck, have fun and be safe.

~jim

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner #4  
I guess congratulations on your almost going to be a Kubota owner. I'll recommend you go ahead and pull the trigger on the B3200 and then decide if you want 2 B's. Does look like you missed a good local deal. When you actually get the B you may decide your additional or extra Kubota should be a BX or L.
North east Ga, near Helen?

Very good idea.

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner
Hey John....Yep...right near Helen! I take it you are familiar with the area? I was born and raised here, so I'm partial to it I guess. I also know somerset very well. I drove up last year to your Jeep dealership and bought a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited....1 of 1000 made. I think the dealer was Don Marshall....I think that is near you isn't it? I also have a friend in Russell Springs....he makes all my banjo necks. I was just thinking about making a trip up to have a neck made....and what the heck...bring back the 3200! I really want to buy local if the price is right, but I thought I would give Barlows a chance as my 3rd quote. I usually get 3, and make my decision.

Good advice on the 2nd tractor from all. The BX is a little low slung for me and what I might use it for....and the cost is too high as a second tractor....at least for me it is. I'm hoping to have the 7100 for plowing use and some mowing maybe....and post hole digging if it's heavy enough. Thats why the live PTO on the 7100 is nice. I've also researched the power steering add-on for the 7100....and it seems doable and more popular.

I'm watching Craigslist....but I welcome any links you may come up with cause I'm sure I'll miss some. So thanks in advance for taking the time to post them!

Thanks for the welcome....and like everyone else... I'm sure I'll be posting pictures soon!

Jeff

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner #6  
Don Marshall is the dealer here in town. I told a friend in church Sunday that he and his wife would enjoy Helen, Ga. He likes Gatlinburg so I told him Helen is alot smaller but a great place. Looking forward to going back and maybe in the near future. Did they close Cannibals? You do know the B3200 will do all those things your talking about doing with a tractor don't you? Stopped by Barlows today and saw my B3200, 60" QA bucket and loaded rear tires sitting ready for delivery Monday or Tuesday of next week. Will post todays pictures when I go out and get camera out of car.

/ New B3200 and B7100 owner
Oh I know this B3200 will do it all....gardening to whatever else I can throw at it. I guess I just fell in love with the 7100 for some reason, and thought I could use 2 tractors!! lol I'm still on the hunt for a clean 7100.

I called Barlows and spoke with Steve today...such a nice man. So far, it looks good. I just hope I don't shoot myself in the foot when it comes time for service work with my local dealer...because I've heard stories where the service isn't "great" if you bought from someone else. But....hopefully I'll be wrong.

I'll probably be making my decision next week...!

Helen is nice....of course we live here and don't see it like everyone else...which is normal. I enjoy Gatlinburg which is just a couple hours from us.

Make a trip down my way and bring me a super clean B7100!!! I'll take care of the lodging!

Jeff