Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #82  
If I remember correctly, I think my B3030 was around 18'-6", and the B3000 adds 9" to the backhoe subframe to get the seat clear of the cab. My tractor shed that I store it in during the nice weather (keep it in the garage during snow season so I don't have to go out in the snow to get in the nice dry cab) is 19'-5" clear, however I sometimes need to back it further in, so I swing the backhoe as I'm pulling it in - pretty easy to reach the controls through the back window, and it looks like they did a swing up window on the 3350 also.

Thanks a bunch for the detailed information! I'm going to measure my shed today to see what I have for clearance, but I suspect I'm just short of what I need. I will probably need to turn the backhoe a little when I park it (not a big deal.)

/ New B3350 #83  
Thanks a bunch for the detailed information! I'm going to measure my shed today to see what I have for clearance, but I suspect I'm just short of what I need. I will probably need to turn the backhoe a little when I park it (not a big deal.)

Roll the loader bucket under some when you park it - that will gain you a good foot or two.

/ New B3350 #84  
Roll the loader bucket under some when you park it - that will gain you a good foot or two.

That should probably buy me enough room. I don't think I'll need more than 1 ft at most if it fits into a 19.5' space (fingers crossed! ;) )

/ New B3350 #85  

Nope. You only gain 3.5", at least on the B3030 or B3000 when you dump it. Curl gains 2.5".

/ New B3350 #86  
Based on the measurements I took this weekend, it looks like I have ~18' 10" of usable space from front to back in my shed. There's no doubt I'll definitely need to swing the backhoe to one side when I park it, but it looks like I should be able to fit it given the measurements you provided (would only need to make up 8" or so to fit it into a 19.5' space you mentioned.)

I'm still working through the garage door height issue though. I re-framed the physical opening to be ~2" higher over the weekend, so I should be around ~84.5" at the bottom of the weatherstripping once I re-install it. The only thing I have left to do is raise the garage door tracks now (installer should be here tomorrow to do the work.) We're going to try going with a 15" radius for the top of the track in place of the existing 12" radius to see if we can squeeze an extra two inches out from underneath the door. If all goes well, I should have everything put back together by this weekend including re-installing the garage door opener (famous last words! :) )

If this does work out, I'm going to go ahead and place the order with my dealer next week.

/ New B3350 #87  
Based on the measurements I took this weekend, it looks like I have ~18' 10" of usable space from front to back in my shed. There's no doubt I'll definitely need to swing the backhoe to one side when I park it, but it looks like I should be able to fit it given the measurements you provided (would only need to make up 8" or so to fit it into a 19.5' space you mentioned.)

I'm still working through the garage door height issue though. I re-framed the physical opening to be ~2" higher over the weekend, so I should be around ~84.5" at the bottom of the weatherstripping once I re-install it. The only thing I have left to do is raise the garage door tracks now (installer should be here tomorrow to do the work.) We're going to try going with a 15" radius for the top of the track in place of the existing 12" radius to see if we can squeeze an extra two inches out from underneath the door. If all goes well, I should have everything put back together by this weekend including re-installing the garage door opener (famous last words! :) )

If this does work out, I'm going to go ahead and place the order with my dealer next week.

I haven't had the chance to contact the dealer I had talked to before.

Do you know if the B3350 and it's accessories are all active in the ordering system yet?

/ New B3350 #88  
I haven't had the chance to contact the dealer I had talked to before.

Do you know if the B3350 and it's accessories are all active in the ordering system yet?

As far as I know they're orderable, but not shipping yet. I believe my dealer placed the order for the two B3350's sometime in the beginning of March. Although, it's quote possible that the loader for the B2650 they have on the lot has shown up as I haven't spoken with my rep in a few weeks.

I just need to finish a few more things on my shed this weekend, then I should be able to place the order. (I just need to squeeze out another 1/2" from under the door, but I think it's doable.)

/ New B3350 #89  
I was at the dealer today picking up some items and they had a B2650.
It's different, I could get used to it. Though I didn't get a picture but the floor has over an inch thick of heavy duty foam under the mat.
Boy that brochure is really emphasizing sound and dust proofing. The dome light, sound, dust and the speakers in the roof. Kubota really does read these forums.
I didn't have too much time today but I have to go back, I will ask to drive it. Not sure why they put the fuse box and wires on the floor?

/ New B3350 #90  
I was at the dealer today picking up some items and they had a B2650.
It's different, I could get used to it. Though I didn't get a picture but the floor has over an inch thick of heavy duty foam under the mat.
Boy that brochure is really emphasizing sound and dust proofing. The dome light, sound, dust and the speakers in the roof. Kubota really does read these forums.
I didn't have too much time today but I have to go back, I will ask to drive it. Not sure why they put the fuse box and wires on the floor?

That's the same dealer in Spencer that I went to check out the B2650 when it first came in! :)

You must live fairly close by to me.

Also, I agree with you - the new cab design is REALLY nice. I'm 99% sure at this point I'll be purchasing one. I just need to finish up modifying the garage door opening on my shed to fit it (and as long as it's nice out this weekend I should be able to get it done.)