New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle?

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #1  

dholly

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7610HST
Yes, I know the gear whine will subside as the break-in hours add up but, man, new hydro transmissions sure are L-O-U-D! And, after putting less than 1 hour on the ticker, I knew I was going to have to deal with the FEL joystick rattle ASAP. At idle the darn thing sounds like it's coming apart! After I fix that tomorrow, think I'll try to take the mower deck off so I can go play in the woods. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #2  
What do you plan on doing to fix the rattle? Is there a mod that people are doing? Didn't find anything in the search.

Also, when you push the clutch in, does the whine go away? If so, I have the same issue.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle?
I found only two old threads mentioning the joystick rattle and some fixes. One was started way back in 2001 and a few owners apparently placed rubber washers in the linkage somewhere with good results, but not a lot of details given so I don't know exactly where. Was going to look closer tomorrow with the valve box open. And, yes, when I step on the clutch the hydro tranny whine is reduced.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #4  
I have the same whine and rattle on my 7610. It has about 13 hours on it. I would also be interested in the fix.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the same whine and rattle on my 7610. It has about 13 hours on it. I would also be interested in the fix. )</font>

Here's a pic of my 'fix'. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 620337-CIMG2802_0003.jpg
    620337-CIMG2802_0003.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 386
   / New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #6  
Had the same rattle with mine. Also popped out of float position when engine was at low RPM. Kubota had no fix. Dealer cut about 3" out of lever and re-installed knob. Seems to be the end of both problems.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #7  
Now that's a fix. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #8  
Now that is a nice simple fix. The rattle didn't bother me enough to go through a lot of trouble to fix, but I will try the bungie cord on my B7610 too.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #9  
Remove the FEL valve cover and tighten the joystick controller bolts to tighten it up, removes the slop, and quiets the rattles.

Spraying the entire mechanism with white lithium grease every year is a good idea.

/ New B7610HSD... a little whine with your rattle? #10  
I like my fixes like I like my women....cheap and easy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Good idea. Jeff