New baby Kubota

/ New baby Kubota #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
My new T1570 lawn tractor has a decal on the engine that says 'KUBOTA hydraulic valve lifters' on it. Also the oil filter says 'Kohler' on it. Does Kohler build this engine for Kubota and do all Kohler engines have hydraulic lifters?
This is a 15 hp single and is extremely quiet.

Dean

Attachments

• P1020207.JPG
    P1020207.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,919
   / New baby Kubota #2  
I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if it were a Kohler engine. Kubota usually makes all their own motors.

/ New baby Kubota #3  
Most of the Kubota mowers and garden tractors with gas engines are either Kohler Command or Command Pro engines. In the recent past some had Kawasaki gas engines, but I'm not sure if they're still using them on their products. Not all Kohler engines are listed as having hydraulic lifters.

/ New baby Kubota #4  
Hound said:
... In the recent past some had Kawasaki gas engines ...

Hound is correct. For example the Kubota T1760 employs a 2 cylinder, 17hp, liquid cooled, Kawasaki engine.

Im curious, does anyone know if the longevity of these alternate engines is as long as that of the legendary diesel Kubotas?

/ New baby Kubota #5  
lp333 said:
Hound is correct. For example the Kubota T1760 employs a 2 cylinder, 17hp, liquid cooled, Kawasaki engine.

Im curious, does anyone know if the longevity of these alternate engines is as long as that of the legendary diesel Kubotas?

No way the gas engines are going to last as long as a properly maintained diesel. There may be exceptions to every rule but statistically the diesels would be expected to last longer. If I am not mistaken, 1500hrs on a gas engine would be considered great (talking lawnmower sized engines here) while diesels could reasonably be expected to last more than three times that long.

/ New baby Kubota #6  
all of the T series utilize Kohler engines. We used to use Kaw. but we had problems with them and discontinued their use.

/ New baby Kubota #7  
My understanding is that when a gas engine is used on a Kubota machine, it is guaranteed "forever". An example is the lesser expensive ZG series under the ZD series.

It allows Kubota to get into a different market with their name and still provide the image of longevity by making sure the engine is covered in case of failure...making it something like a Kubota Diesel that probably won't fail in the first place.

/ New baby Kubota #8  
KeithInSpace said:
My understanding is that when a gas engine is used on a Kubota machine, it is guaranteed "forever". An example is the lesser expensive ZG series under the ZD series.

It allows Kubota to get into a different market with their name and still provide the image of longevity by making sure the engine is covered in case of failure...making it something like a Kubota Diesel that probably won't fail in the first place.

Keith - I don't understand what you are saying about the engine being guaranteed "forever". The diesel engine in my B7500 was under a powertrain warranty for 36 months or 3,000 hours, whichever occurred first.

/ New baby Kubota #9  
The warranty on most of the mowers is 24 months.

/ New baby Kubota #10  
my neighbors lawnman has a kohler 25 in a commercial zero turn mower. it has over 4000 dusty hours with no rebuild.