New Barn Lease Help

/ New Barn Lease Help #1  

dedduck0121

Tractor
Massy 135
Just joined this site today and it seems like it is filled with great info!

Here is my current project...

I just leased this barn to keep my tractor and ATVs in, along with tools and other things needed for this property. The barn is is CRAP shape. Roof needs work, needs a good cleaning on the inside, walls need repair, floor needs fixing, and doors need locks.

I am going to hasp lock the main door then use some steel hooks on the inside of the secondary door to keep it locked up tight.

the big questions is...what should i do about this floor! it is a dirt (MUD right now) floor from all the rain that pours in from the holes in the roof. I was thinking of a cheap solution...

thinking about putting about 4 inchs of gravel/stone on the ground in the barn then compacting it down to ensure if the roof does leak the water will just drain under the rock. my question is, should i put a new base layer of some type down before the stone?

MAN OH MAN i have alot of work to do but i will make it work. First thing is first...clean up the old crap in there, then i will be ready for a new floor!

/ New Barn Lease Help #2  
if there are defined low spots in the floor i would rig up some drains to the out side they could even be drain tile in fashion

also on the large doors if you can pas a bar or board threw the cracks in the doors you can open some of the simple locks

we locked the keys in the barn at work one time ......

/ New Barn Lease Help #3  
Buildings that leak that bad need a new roof, fixing the floor is starting at the wrong end. Gravel isn't cheap either these days, so not sure you are moving forward with this situation?

--->Paul

/ New Barn Lease Help
Buildings that leak that bad need a new roof, fixing the floor is starting at the wrong end. Gravel isn't cheap either these days, so not sure you are moving forward with this situation?

--->Paul
I completely agree but the shape of this building it is not worth the new roof at all IMO

This is just somewhere i keep some equipment for this property. ATV for hunting and working, and a Massy 135 with Brush Hog for cutting some fields

So i will be doing just enough to get by so i dont have to remodel the enter thing