New Boomers

/ New Boomers #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Just wondering, I know the older Boomers used to be Shibaura built and the new ones are LS, but what engine manufacturers have been used in them? I read somewhere LS is making their own engines now? Is that what is in the new Boomers also?
I miss the old Shibaura built New Hollands.

/ New Boomers #2  
I really like my Shibaura LS engine it seems to be built very tough.

/ New Boomers
I really like my Shibaura LS engine it seems to be built very tough.
I wish they still used Shibaura. Those tractors had far nicer features. I really wanted one back in 2008 but out of the 4 New Holland dealers within 7 hours of me that I visited, none of them seemed interested in selling a compact tractor at all.

I didn't realize the Shibaura relationship started back when they were still Ford tractors.

Not sure how I feel about the new LS built units. I hear a lot of bad reviews on LS.

/ New Boomers #4  
I wish they still used Shibaura. Those tractors had far nicer features. I really wanted one back in 2008 but out of the 4 New Holland dealers within 7 hours of me that I visited, none of them seemed interested in selling a compact tractor at all.

I didn't realize the Shibaura relationship started back when they were still Ford tractors.

Not sure how I feel about the new LS built units. I hear a lot of bad reviews on LS.
Look closely through the reviews more on tier 4 emissions issues than the motor themselves. Looking across all tractor colors the EPA emissions on earlier models have been an issue. Some are starting to dismantle the emissions out of warranty with belief of better running unit. So if you shop for pre emission over 30 Hp used you will not need to address emissions, at least tier 4. All manufacturers have good and or bad models. This site will guide you with useful knowledge on what is good and you need to steer clear of.

/ New Boomers
I'm not really in the market for a new tier 4 tractor. I was just curious about the newer Boomer engines.
I have my Kubota for loader/backhoe work, but ever since I recently got my restored 1967 Ford 3000 I realized I don't want any more modern tractors. I LOVE running that old Ford.
I really like my Allis Chalmers too but I don't have snap coupler implements, so the Ford gets more use now.
If anything, now I'm looking for an old restored Ford cab tractor for snow blowing.

I did look at some 2008 to 2010 Boomer cabs I saw listed for sale, but they all looked pretty "used"
You would think some of these dealers would at least clean some of the mud and tree branches out of the used tractors before they take listing pics, LOL I realize it's a tractor, but I'd rather buy a nice one over a rough one.

/ New Boomers #6  
I'm not really in the market for a new tier 4 tractor. I was just curious about the newer Boomer engines.
I have my Kubota for loader/backhoe work, but ever since I recently got my restored 1967 Ford 3000 I realized I don't want any more modern tractors. I LOVE running that old Ford.
I really like my Allis Chalmers too but I don't have snap coupler implements, so the Ford gets more use now.
If anything, now I'm looking for an old restored Ford cab tractor for snow blowing.

I did look at some 2008 to 2010 Boomer cabs I saw listed for sale, but they all looked pretty "used"
You would think some of these dealers would at least clean some of the mud and tree branches out of the used tractors before they take listing pics, LOL I realize it's a tractor, but I'd rather buy a nice one over a rough one.
Another year of current fiscal tightening you may see more available used units. Saw on YouTube where now repossession is happening right out of the barn/ shed. We all need to hang on next 24-36 months to see better times so I hope. Inflation has not peaked in my view rather it’s holding fast with micro jumps.

/ New Boomers
Would like to find something like this again. One just sold at last Mecum auction, for low 20's.

Attachments

• 226.PNG
    226.PNG
    771.2 KB · Views: 84
   / New Boomers #8  
Prices of used product is still pretty high and that allows people to sell and buy new. Money is still being spent.

/ New Boomers
I'm trying to sell a motorcycle right now. Bought one because I used to live for dirt bikes. Raced up until 2003 in AMA. So thought it would be cool to ride again and I had a LEMON Polaris I needed gone and dealer was willing to take it for bike. Then discovered I'm not Shawn from 2003 any more, LOL So lost interest.

But I can't get a single call on it. No one around here has cash to spend. They all want to go to dealer for $200 a month for 8 years instead.

At least it's really cool looking so it makes good garage art sitting here, LOL

But it's still money I can buy another antique tractor with!

/ New Boomers #10  
Ford did make some great tractors from the 50’s into the 1990’s. They were very well built and consistently offered the best value in smaller tractors. They were founded by a guy that was committed to making things functional, durable, and affordable for everyone. It’s a shame they seem to have distanced themselves so far away from that philosophy today.