Front-End Loader New Bucket or Tooth Bar

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #21  
If money was no object I'd have another tractor with another bucket, and another barn to store it in.
I've two tractors, two Piranha's, 2 sets of clamp on forks (from Titan). Most of the time I leave the Piranha's on.
Just today I slipped the clamp on pallet forks on OVER the Piranha on the M4700.

---------------------

in order to move a tote.

----------------------

I've been meaning to grind a couple of teeth of the Piranhas, just never get around to it, but have yet to have a problem with the forks clamping over the bar.

One minute on, one minute off, including dragging/carrying around.

/edit - sorry for the big pic

Don't apologize for in post full size pictures, that is the best way to do it. They are smaller than having to click them to see them.

In post size is 539 x 421 pixels:

bp1.JPG

After click size is 1241 x 969 pixels:

Capture.JPG

To see the size, right click the picture and click "Inspect". :thumbsup:

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #22  
If money was no object I'd have another tractor with another bucket, and another barn to store it in.
I've two tractors, two Piranha's, 2 sets of clamp on forks (from Titan). Most of the time I leave the Piranha's on.
Just today I slipped the clamp on pallet forks on OVER the Piranha on the M4700.

490702d1481068182-new-bucket-tooth-bar-pallet-forks-piranha-jpg

in order to move a tote.

490701d1481068098-new-bucket-tooth-bar-m4700-w-forks-jpg

I've been meaning to grind a couple of teeth of the Piranhas, just never get around to it, but have yet to have a problem with the forks clamping over the bar.

One minute on, one minute off, including dragging/carrying around.

/edit - sorry for the big pic

I never tried installing my Titan folks over my PTB, good idea, I will try it next spring, I'll probably put chains on them and binders so they stay put.. Here is Maine I use the bucket edge to scrape ice so the tooth bar has to come off for winter regardless.

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #23  
Well as I like to spend other folks $$'s, you should have 3 buckets,

One plain w/o tooth bar sand top soil etc,
One HD with teeth for digging,
and one extra large for snow removal and chips etc.

Hey, the standard bucket and a GOOD tooth bar!

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #24  
I have a regular tooth bar on my B7800's bucket. I've spun huge tree trunks around with it (once bent and popped off the bar- ouch!) and have back dragged a LOT with it (doing my site prep for my garage I broke one of the stays for my 3pt arms and could no longer use my box blade- I ended up back dragging with the tooth bar to gouge and break up the soil (two-wheel driving: front wheels off the ground!); wasn't pretty, but it got the job done).

Never have removed the tooth bar. I have 3pt pallet forks that I sit just inside the edge of the bucket (chain them to a hook on the bucket- not the steadiest, but it gets the job done), which helps bring the weight in closer so I can actually lift stuff (wouldn't have been able to lift a load like this with clamp-ons):

479367d1472776130-tractors-wood-show-your-pics-p1120421.jpg

Of course, the B7800 doesn't have SSQA, so popping buckets on and off really isn't an option. The Kioti, on the other hand... but, I have a fair amount of attachments scattered about, and having another bucket is just one more thing I have to find a place for. Don't know if I'd need a tooth bar-like function for the Kioti though. (I do have actual SSQA pallet forks; SSQA is really nice to have!)

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #25  
So you do have more than one bucket.

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #26  
Meh?

Me, yes! I've got two tractors:D (just one per)

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #27  
I have a bolt on tooth bar. I personally like the ability to take it on and off easily - two bolts. But in the end, I guess, it depends on how you are going to use the bucket. If you will rarely need a toothless bucket, then separate bolt on teeth would likely be Okay. My tooth bar is now off and has been off for a while - I put it on when I have a particular need for it such as breaking up some hillside that is hard - a tooth bar is really useful then. Or raking, lifting, or clearing brush out of an area. I would not be without my tooth bar as it is really, really useful in the right application. Many times it can be left on for whatever you are doing with the bucket and I do tend to leave it on once it is on and only then take it off when I do something I don't want teeth for. But I am thinking there will be times you will not want teeth on the bucket - just think about how often that might be and decide. Probably no really wrong way to go as long as you have the option to have or not have teeth at times.

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar
Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to go look at everything the place near me has. Then decide which one to get- I'm leaning toward a second bucket with teeth.

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar #29  
Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to go look at everything the place near me has. Then decide which one to get- I'm leaning toward a second bucket with teeth.

If you can get a good deal, then get TWO of them. When you're not using them you can set them open sides facing each other and refer to them as your tractor's dentures :laughing:

/ New Bucket or Tooth Bar
The grapple is the dentures, the front snow blade is the tractor smiling and the bucket it the tractor begging for food.